he stopped calling

stupidcupid143

stupidcupid143

i met this guy through an online dating service. we have been seeing each other for about a month now. we have gone out on a few dates. he keeps telling me that he really likes me a lot. we have been spending a lot of time together. we would see each other about 3x a week. i actually spent a whole weekend with him last weekend (and no, we have never done the deed, fyi).

but then, he has not called for the past three days. i called him once, last nite, and left a message. he has yet to return my phone call. i am now beginning to doubt about our relationship. i don't know where i stand. i don't know if he's seeing anyone else. i don't know if i scared him off. it's driving me nuts! i

i really like him a lot. and have told him that. i haven't felt like this in a long time. and i was actually the one that told him that i was scared, and that we'd need to take things slow. he said he understood. but the more i spend time w/ him, the more i care about him. and i was thinking about having a serious talk w/ him about "us." and this happened.

i thought everything's fine. why did he stop calling me? he used to call/text everyday, even just to say hi. i've got all these questions and sometimes i feel stupid because i feel like i could just be over-analyzing.

i need an input. thanks.

sportsloving

Give him a couple of days, and if you still don't hear anything, you could leave him another message just saying you were wondering how he was doing. Could be something came up or some emergency ... try not to freak out too much yet.

And then if he doesn't call you back, move on and forget about him... And then you can rant and rave about how insensitive he is for leaving you hanging such as he did.

stupidcupid143

thanks. he did call (but i missed it) yesterday and left a message. he said he's been too busy with work, and that he had to go to a doctor yesterday and will try to give me a call later that nite. i called him back and left a message wishing him well. but he never called me back.

there's no way that he's been too awfully busy with work for three consecutive days and not have like a 2min. conversation with me. i just find that hard to believe. as far as the doctor appt. is concerned, i don't know what's wrong with him, physically. but, like i said, he could've at least called.

nowi feel like seeing this other guy just so i could stop stressing out about him. i know i should. i'd rather move on now, than finding out later on, say 4-6 months down the road, that there really isn't much else to go on between us. you know? (i've already deleted his number on my cell).

what i don't understand is, why do guys need to play these games? i am so tired of it! i really thought for a while that he isn't one of those same guys i've dated in the past. that he's somebody special. and i "felt" that "connection" w/ him.

i guess i was wrong. again.

sportsloving

It so totally sucks! And most of the time, it is like they figure well if I don't call/stop by/email then she will figure out we are done... but they can't just come out and say it?

I dated a couple of people in my life that I didn't want to see again, but it was a heck of a lot easier to just say "I don't think I am the one for you, or whatever" than to just ignore them. I usually save that for the ones who can't understand no means no. :rolleyes:

Anywhos, I am sorry you are having to go through this... but as you said, if it is the way it is, better now than later on. And don't be saying you were wrong about anything... you didn't have any warning or signs pointing to this... for all you knew, things were great.

I do hope he gets his act together and at least talks to you, if not, then poooh on him!

Best wishes