Do some guys look for platonic friends on OkCupid?

Serendipity1122

Serendipity1122

I'm confused at guys who list Looking for: new friends on their okc profile. If they aren't looking to date, maybe hookup. But they don't list "Only singles" or "casual sex" either...

Are they just looking around and not taking online dating seriously? Most of these people don't really sign in regularly or message actively either, seems like.

Yes....some guys are open to making friends off of a dating site. For some it could be because of their personal past experience like this is their first time dating since their divorce/LTR ended so they arent looking for something serious. They could also have just moved to the area so they are using online dating as a way to meet people.

there are men out there who have no problem being just friends with a woman. the reason....they make have a lot in common with her but there is something off....they could share alot of interests but they are at different points in their lives, he doesnt see a LTR from her because of some core differences on things like religion, wanting families, long term goals, etc.

I have met one of my greatest friends on okc. His profile did say froends. - we live in a college town so its a little harder for the locals to meet people. I assume we aren't each others type. I have known him for two years and have met his friends. We still talk but he moved from my state but I plan to visit him one day. We usually met up for coffee and to go to different art galleries, since we had similiar interests. Plus we always went dutch or took turns paying.

• Like 1
I saw a ****load of females looking only for "friends" as well.. So I wonder what that's all about..

Yep & when I contact them, they ignore me.

Guess they only want 6ft tall rich guy friends with a 6-pack? ROTFLMAO!!!!

If they find you attractive, they want to have sex with you. When they say friends they mean friends with benefits. ;)

Just the one's who lack vision.

An attractive woman friend you have zero sexually with is good advertising for a single guy.

Take a good looking woman friend with you when you shop for clothes or drapes or whatever & if the female sales lady mentions "GF, or Wife" during the whole thing she's usually interested so then you jokingly correct her & come back a few weeks later on your own.

If she's there, she will want to assist you & you can usually get a number.

Same goes with popular social gatherings. Show up alone or with friends & the women there will remember you were with an attractive girl & want to talk to you.

As long as the guy wasn't acting like a friendzoned loser with one-itis. That women can pick up on also & is no good.