Remember the days when...

paperboy48

Does anyone remember the days when you asked someone out and when you did this, you found out if they were seeing someone else before doing so. Then (if they said yes) you were pretty much dating that person exclusivley until you decided it wasn't working out.

Now it seems people are seeing multiple people at once.

I guess I'm just an ol' fashioned guy!

If I can change my username...I should change it to "Ol' Fashioned Guy" :cool:

• Like 3
Does anyone remember the days when you asked someone out and when you did this, you found out if they were seeing someone else before doing so. Then (if they said yes) you were pretty much dating that person exclusivley until you decided it wasn't working out.

I do remember a time when I didn't understand how dating works, yes.

• Like 2

I don't know if a time like that ever existed. Like Oaks said, it's before you understood how dating works.

When I was 10, I asked a girl to be my best friend. It was a really serious thing to be asking and I was really nervous at the time (btw, she said YES!:love:), but now I know better than to just go up to someone and say that.

Anyways...made me think of that even though it's kind of the opposite of what I'm trying to say.

• Like 1

That technique is so outdated. There's NOTHING wrong with multitasking. The more at-bats you take, the more home runs you will hit.

Pepperidge Farm can't remember that far back.

• Like 1

You're free to see whoever you want until you both make a verbal commitment to be exclusive. Some people don't even casually date more than one person at a time, but that is because it is their choice, not because it's wrong to do so.

You're not really old fashioned. You just choose to do things a certain way. People have been multi-dating for a long time now.

• Like 2
HeldbyGravity

I don't get why it changed. Asking someone out to me is different than "dating", though I wouldn't "see" more than one person at once even if we were just going on dates and not "together" yet.

Online dating has made it so much easier to date multiple people at once. Especially since its a Monthly subscription, people want to meet as many singles as possible before the expiration.

I think girls may want or expect an exclusive monogamous relationship if you are sleeping with each other multiple times. It depends on the situation. But young people are more casual dating. Older people may not have as many options, so they might date only one person at a time.

I can't bring myself to do multi-date even though I've never really had a relationship. Something about it just seems...wrong to me. I met a couple girls online around the same time and I talk to them both pretty consistently. It could be that I have no idea what I'm doing, but to each their own.