Back with ex, and I already am worried about it

0livine

My boyfriend broke up with me almost 2 weeks ago because he was going through depression and told me that he just needed to be alone, and that I should move on without him.

I was torn apart. The first week was the worst time of my entire life. I cried all the time, felt sick, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, and all I could think about was that the breakup only happened because he was depressed.

Alone for my birthday, I got a card and present from him in the post, and cried with relief that he still cared.

So all this week I've been feeling much better, not perfect, but thinking that he does care and that there's a chance of getting back together.

Today, we met up for a day out, and had coffee, lunch and went shopping. I liked spending time with him but at the back of my mind was confusion, why wasn't he talking about the breakup at all?

Finally, soon before I was going to leave, he said that it's only now that he realises what a fool he's been and he wants me back. I kissed him, and soon afterwards we had sex. This is what I'd wanted, right?

But the thing is that now that we are back on, I feel worried about going straight back into things again. He really really hurt me and I don't think I will forget about that very easily. I said I loved him, and he said he loved me, but on the bus back I began to think and wonder whether I actually did or not. It's hard to tell right now.

Can someone who's ever gotten back with an ex shed some light on how to deal with my current feelings? I know that he made a mistake with the breakup and he says if he could go back in time and undo it, he would. But he still did it. I've had some great times with him (6-7 months) and he's my first boyfriend, and I've often thought that he could be the one. Is it normal that I've got cold feet at this stage?

let him know he is allowed to be in a relationship and get depressed sometimes.. depression is natural.

he showed he cared.. why are you insecure??

i think your overthinking..

why do you want to talk about the break up.. whocares your back together.

He was depressed.. he needed space.. he told you everything.

are you not saying something because if you said everything than you need to chill.. Be happy. fear and doubt are death to love.