What does it mean when she gives you a free pass???

dextm

A free pass to do whatever I want when I'm in Amsterdam in 2 weeks. What does that mean? Why would a girl do that? She already said she's not doing it to test me. She's doing it because she wants to see how she will react and how it will affect our relationship. She thinks something good can come out of it (if I take the free pass) but she cannot specify. Me on the other hand...I will not take the free pass and I even feel disgusted thinking about it.

What do you guys think? Why is she doing this if she's not testing me?

She could just want you to enjoy your time abroad- not a broad. I'm not sure.. I would feel pretty taken back by it, too. Let her know you love her, and it makes you disgusted to even consider. I think that's your best bet. Also, when you travel, keep in as much touch as possible and do some sweet things for her. ;)

or she could just be tipping the scales in her mind so she can also... take a free ride.

I think it means she wants to be free do do whatever she wants without any guilt while you are gone. This way if you say anything about her doing anything you disapprove of while you are gone, she can just mention the free pass.

She is playing a mind game like a cop. 'it's ok........it would be just between us....just tell me...' then handcuffs

Do whatever you wanna do there (hooker, drugs or both at the same time)

and tell her you didn't do anything bad

• Like 1
  • Author

That was my first instinct... that she did something terrible or she wants a free pass herself. I already told her I'm not giving her a free pass if she asks for one and we both already agreed that we would not tolerate cheating. So what gives? Curve ball.

Sex with prostitutes. Or sex in general. That's my impression.

For a specific answer, you need to speak with her.

Presuming you feel this way, sample response- "I love you and enjoy our relationship so I have a question - what does 'giving me a free pass' mean to you?"

Listen.

• Author
Sex with prostitutes. Or sex in general. That's my impression.

For a specific answer, you need to speak with her.

Presuming you feel this way, sample response- "I love you and enjoy our relationship so I have a question - what does 'giving me a free pass' mean to you?"

Listen.

I already asked her to clarify many times to the point that it's frustrating her now lol. And she's bad at explaining things. It started with her telling me to "Have fun in Amsterdam, do anything I want, and don't feel like I'm restricted" in a funny way... so I asked her what she meant and she said she was just trying to wish me well but I still felt there was some underlying meaning behind those words.. So I somehow talked her into giving me a "free pass to do anything I want" even though that's not what I want...but the condo ended up that way. So it appears like that's what she was trying to get me to do all along... or give me the option of doing..

Is this the same girl for whom you didn't know her age and where she works 2 months into dating?

All bets are off with the chick if that is so.

There's something weird about the situation. SHe's either testing you regardless of the fact that she said she's not testing you, or she's wondering why you're going to Amsterdam, doesn't trust that you're not gonna do anything naughty there - in fact is assuming that you will do something naughty there -- so she might as well give you a free pass (and appear to be the ever-tolerant gf) and take one for herself as well.

Whatever the case, there's something weird and unhealthy about this chick's attitude towards your relationship.

She's testing you, this is a very common move i do.

It is exactly what it is, its a free pass, you can choose to do whatever you want BUT she might leave you if you do.

She wants to know how you feel about her, are you faithful, how do you really feel about her, respect for her etc etc.

She knows how she feels about you and its becoming a little serious, its test time, big decisions come after.

Tell her exactly what you wrote in your first response, that your not happy with it and i bet you'll get greatly reward.

• Author
Is this the same girl for whom you didn't know her age and where she works 2 months into dating?

All bets are off with the chick if that is so.

Same one. We've been dating for 3 1/4 months now and she did openly reveal her age to me around 5 weeks ago so I was very happy about that. I also know what she does and the office building she works in (don't know the name of the company) but it's irrelevant now that her contract expired and she has plans to go back to school and work part-time. I can't just drop her when she's finally starting to open up to me.....

There's something weird about the situation. SHe's either testing you regardless of the fact that she said she's not testing you, or she's wondering why you're going to Amsterdam, doesn't trust that you're not gonna do anything naughty there - in fact is assuming that you will do something naughty there -- so she might as well give you a free pass (and appear to be the ever-tolerant gf) and take one for herself as well.

Whatever the case, there's something weird and unhealthy about this chick's attitude towards your relationship.

She is weird. She knows it, I know it. I've told her in her face before lol. The way she acts, the things she do, a lot of it is very unconventional. And risky. I can handle most of it. But even though she is a very logical thinker (she has a strong male side) sometimes I just have to scratch my head and wonder why...

She's testing you, this is a very common move i do.

It is exactly what it is, its a free pass, you can choose to do whatever you want BUT she might leave you if you do.

She wants to know how you feel about her, are you faithful, how do you really feel about her, respect for her etc etc.

She knows how she feels about you and its becoming a little serious, its test time, big decisions come after.

Tell her exactly what you wrote in your first response, that your not happy with it and i bet you'll get greatly reward.

We already had multiple discussions on cheating and we both agreed that it's bad, hurtful, damaging, intolerable. But she doesn't consider giving a "free pass" cheating because she is sanctioning it.... so I guess I should take the free pass and invite her over to spectate and video tape??? (LOL, took that from another thread and thought it was genius). And it reminds me of a convo we had way back in early July on our third or fourth date. She encouraged me to go and multidate because her reason was "you never know if someone better is out there"... my response was of course "I will not do that, and I will not allow you to do that".

Mind games or not, what kind of person does she think I am? I mean, I didn't tell her this, but thinking about it now...I actually feel disrespected a bit. Does she think it will be that easy for me to break my word?

I actually wonder if she is all that into you. It doesn't seem that she is. From all your threads you seem to be the one trying to win her over, putting more energy into the relationship. Maybe she is hoping your cheating will make her feel more passion towards you?

If it were a test, you would have known by now.

Over 3 months and you still don't know the name of the company she works at??

Edited by Imajerk17
  • Author
I actually wonder if she is all that into you. It doesn't seem that she is. From all your threads you seem to be the one trying to win her over, putting more energy into the relationship. Maybe she is hoping your cheating will make her feel more passion towards you?

If it were a test, you would have known by now.

Over 3 months and you still don't know the name of the company she works at??

She's inviting me to hand out with her friends more often and she loves initiating intimacy, so I wonder too...