Would you be more comfortable dating as the opposite gender?

jakelongot

Guys...would you prefer if there was more of a focus on your looks? Would you prefer to be asked out rather than being the one to approach? Would you be preppared to spend way more effort time and money on clothes, makeup and accessories? Forced to dress uncomfortably to look good?

Girls...would you prefer to have a greater focus put on your personality rather than looks? WOuld you prefer to be the agressor rather than having to wait to be approached? Would you be preppared to deal with more face to face rejection? Forced to move out of your comfort zone if you want to be more successful in dating?

What do you preceive as the greatest benefits of dating as the opposite gender? Biggest drawbacks?

Only if I got to be a teenager again, you see very few attractive teenage girls do it right.

I'd be using that prime product to lock me down some assets for life.

I just love it when the first response is the best possible response. I'd be one of the most vicious goldiggers to walk the face of this earth if I had the opportunity. That's why I can't blame women for being women, it's just how the game works. Can't hate on skills like those.

What do you preceive as the greatest benefits of dating as the opposite gender? Biggest drawbacks?

Greatest benefit? Guys!

Biggest drawback? Guys!

:D

• Like 1

Yes because I will probably do my best to be a rich dude banging a new chick every night with out the double standard.

However how unlikely ... I will probably the same ol me as a guy.

• Like 2
Guys...would you prefer if there was more of a focus on your looks?

Once again, the foolish belief that a guys looks do not matter. Newsflash, they do. Women want a guy that they are physically attracted to.

Would you prefer to be asked out rather than being the one to approach?
It would definitely be nice having girls show interest in me for a change. I'm tired of having to play the mind reading game and try to figure out if a girl wants me to ask her out or not.

Would you be preppared to spend way more effort time and money on clothes, makeup and accessories? Forced to dress uncomfortably to look good?

Those things are hardly required. More often than not, girls who put in too much effort into their clothes and accessories end up looking worse.

I prefer, lite makeup, tight t-shirt and shorts. Maybe a ring or bracelet to show her personality. None of those should be uncomfortable.

I do not like high heels.

One thing you didn't mention is the body. If you ever go to a gym, you'd see that 70-80% of people in the gym are guys.

I think the biggest drawback of dating as a girl is that they also get hit on by guys they aren't attracted to.

In essence, their problem is that they may have too many options.

Yes because I will probably do my best to be a rich dude banging a new chick every night with out the double standard.

However how unlikely ... I will probably the same ol me as a guy.

You'd have to work for that money

so hard for it honey.

Frankly, if you're not rich now as a girl, it wouldn't be any different as a guy.

Greatest benefit? Guys!

Biggest drawback? Guys!

:D

Nailed it! Those are by far the greatest benefits and drawbacks of being a woman.

Hmmm... Can't really answer the question the way the post is formulated. I do approach guys, guys do pay attention to my personality and looks, I do push myself out of my comfort zone, sometimes.

I think what I would enjoy the most about dating as a guy would be... Never thinking it might come back to bite me in the ass if I take charge or if I decide to be move things fast sexually.

Nailed it! Those are by far the greatest benefits and drawbacks of being a woman.

Hmmm... Can't really answer the question the way the post is formulated. I do approach guys, guys do pay attention to my personality and looks, I do push myself out of my comfort zone, sometimes.

I think what I would enjoy the most about dating as a guy would be... Never thinking it might come back to bite me in the ass if I take charge or if I decide to be move things fast sexually.

:laugh: the knockbacks aren't so fun ;)

(they are :D)

:laugh: the knockbacks aren't so fun ;)

(they are :D)

Yeah, I would probably be quite sexually active as man. As a woman, it became fairly obvious fairly rapidly to me that being too sexually promiscuous can be used against me. Thank goodness for toys!

• Author

I think it would take a lot more discipline if I was a girl because of all the maintenance that is takes to look your best. Not to say guys don't need to look good, but they also have personality taken into greater account than women.

I think I would enjoy the attention when I was looking for it and the more obvious signs of interest (read: being approached), but at the same time I think i would find it annoying to receive attention when unwanted...like cat calls on the street or being chatted up if I just wanted to be alone.

Not really. I always complain the things men face in dating but women face their own set of challenges. It all depends on what side of the grass you are on. It seems greener on the other side but it isn't.

Guys...would you prefer if there was more of a focus on your looks? Would you prefer to be asked out rather than being the one to approach? Would you be preppared to spend way more effort time and money on clothes, makeup and accessories? Forced to dress uncomfortably to look good?

Girls...would you prefer to have a greater focus put on your personality rather than looks? WOuld you prefer to be the agressor rather than having to wait to be approached? Would you be preppared to deal with more face to face rejection? Forced to move out of your comfort zone if you want to be more successful in dating?

I dotn want a guy who doesn't like the way i look i dont want a guy who doesn't want to get to know my personality it isnt really evident until they do know me....that's why i have dated in the friendly pool

Hmmm... Yes, I do question this perception that women's personalities are less important. How exactly does one establish a healthy relationship without paying attention to personality?

1) Women care about looks as much or more than men.

2) I don't mind approaching and making the move, I just wish women were less shallow, so I wouldn't have to face so much rejection.

3) I already spend more money on clothes than half the women who reject me. I spent $250 on clothes last weekend. If it was up to me, I would go shopping once a week for clothes. I love shopping for clothes.

The main benefit to being a woman (in general) is being approached and having several options. But good looking guys get this too. So, if it were up to me, I'd choose being a good looking guy.

Edited by jobaba

If I was a girl...I would sling that poon! I'd make some serious money with that thing! Rich nerdy dudes...marry...take all the money...and go to the next victim! Living the american dream.

Hmmm... Yes, I do question this perception that women's personalities are less important. How exactly does one establish a healthy relationship without paying attention to personality?

IMO personality is much more important than looks.

I'd go after a plain girl with a fun personality over a hot girl with a boring/cold personality every time.

so hard for it honey.

Frankly, if you're not rich now as a girl, it wouldn't be any different as a guy.

Actually being as I would have been raised differently and had different expectations put upon me, I would no doubt have had a career from the start and therefore even if not rich, definately in a much stronger financial position then currently.

I think I would have done much better as a man attracting women, then I do as a woman attracting men. Even stuck as female you don't know how many time I wished I was a lesbian. Dealing with women is much easier than dealing with men.

I would be the biggest slut this town has ever seen.

That aside, no, but for different reasons. All of the unwritten rules for men I like. All of the unwritten rules for women I loathe. Men are not allowed to treat other men nearly as badly as women treat other women, lest they be beaten senseless and outcast from all same sex social contact.

Women seem to be expected to put up with all sorts of BS drama from their friends and female relatives. I would wind up being one of those women who has no female friends whatsoever.

Actually being as I would have been raised differently and had different expectations put upon me, I would no doubt have had a career from the start and therefore even if not rich, definately in a much stronger financial position then currently.

Maybe that's the case for your generation, but the way it is now, there are actually more females in college getting business degrees then there are males.

The time of only men being driven to make money is over.

Do we get our own penis?

Google "futanari" safe-search off if you dare.

so hard for it honey.

Didn't I say that? Capt Obvs much! lol

I used that tactic online when I didn't add pictures to my profile. Still received some messages in textspeak referring to my looks, but at least those were instadelete-and-block.

I've started off conversations before and escalated the conversation to talk about mutual attraction but I'm not sure that I'd class those as being the aggressor. I think it's best when both parties take turns initiating rather than it being all one-sided. I've been rejected face-to-face once or twice before, but I guess not as often as the "average" guy who makes regular approaches.

OLD was out of my comfort zone. I could consider that I was "forced" due to wanting to expand my dating pool, but it would be a stretch.

Greatest benefits: being more in control and proactive

Biggest drawbacks: having to be a mindreader and body language expert