I don't want to have these strong feelings

Nancy B

I fell apart after my break up back in Spring. I can happily say I'm much better now.

I live abroad and went home last month to spend time with family and friends. While I was there I met a guy. I seen him a year ago and found him attractive but obviously didn't act on it as I had a BF.

We met through friends last month again. One night when we were both out with our separate friends we met and really hit it off. We kissed and had lots of fun.

I wanted a couple of dates but he didn't see the point if I was leaving again so soon. He said he didn't want to become attached and his life was a bit crazy. I respected that. He said hes not ruling it out for some point in the future if paths cross.he told me it was rare he met someone he felt so attracted to.

A week later we bumped into each other again and spent the night together. I didn't see him again due to him going away for a bulk of my remaining time there.

He texted me as I left the airport saying he enjoyed our short time together and keep in touch. I mailed him and he responded but didn't really engage in conversation. So, I left it and didn't reply.

Now I feel unsure of his feelings at all. Did he lie?

I realize nothing can come of it while I live abroad. Problem is, I can't stop thinking about him! We're FB friends and I feel jealous when I see girls being playful on his page. (He might be more popular with the ladies than I thought). Has anyone experienced having such a huge crush so soon and not being able to get rid of it?? Advice or insight please!

You need to read my posts. I'm definitely one of those ppl. It sucks because I can't do anything about it. All I can do is suffer in silence hoping one day my feelings will go away. I don't know if anything feels worse than knowing that you can't just turn your feelings off like a light switch even though you really want to. Don't worry you're not alone.

And I think he's not trying to make conversation with you because he doesn't see any point doing it since he knows you'll be leaving soon. He's trying to detach emotionally from you. That way, it will be less painful when you leave.