Would this be ''creepy'' to you?

MercuryMorrison1

MercuryMorrison1

So there's this girl I've been attracted to for a couple of months...I see her in passing and we occasionally share a smile ''in passing''. Last night I passed by her and we smiled at each other as we normally do, and I told myself beforehand...''If I see her tonight, I'm just going to ask her if she would like to go get a cup of coffee sometime''. So I wound up passing her by without saying anything which I immediately started insulting myself in my mind for not stopping to talk to her.

Needless to say I turned around, went back and simply told her that I had noticed her before and thought she was cute, and was wondering if she would like to go out for coffee sometime.

She seemed genuinly flattered and even told me that she was very flatterd that I asked, however she had a boyfriend and could not accept.

Its not the fact that she rejected me that's bothering me. Its just, after I went home and had a little time to reflect on the events, I thought that it might have been a little creepy, my asking her out to coffee when the only thing her and I had done previously was smile at each other?

Is this a bad method when approching a total stranger? For you ladies out there, is it creepy when a guy to don't know at all asks you out to coffee or similer engagement?

Thanks for any help.

As guys will tell you, the only time a woman finds you creepy is when she isn't attracted to you. When she is attracted to you a normal conversation like that won't bother her.

There is nothing you can do except talk to the ones that smile at you. The odds are they don't mind your approach even if the timing is off.

• Like 5
ScreamingTrees

Can't blame a guy for trying. Stop thinking you're a creep, dude, that's silly talk.

You could always prepare for the next encounter with some dance moves.

• Author
MercuryMorrison1
Can't blame a guy for trying. Stop thinking you're a creep, dude, that's silly talk.

You could always prepare for the next encounter with some dance moves.

Haha that made me laugh, however I think my dating life will be better without those dance moves. :laugh:

• Like 1

It's not creepy to me as in my opinion whenever a guy approaches it's based on nothing but looks so a guy approaching because of a smile is no different.

Probably best suited to not worry about being creepy because likely you don't care if you creep out a gal rather what your image looks like and how it hurts your success. If on the off rare chance you are one of the seemingly few guys who care about creeping out a gal being creepy is generally based on not adhering to societal and personal boundaries and making her feel unsafe and uncomfortable.

nightonthesun1234

As a female I wouldn't think it's creepy at all. I'd probably be flattered, as she was. It was cute, at least you went for it, and maybe the only thing holding her back was that she did have a boyfriend. Others will come along.

You did great. No worries.

If she didn't have a boyfriend, she would have said yes.

And you wouldn't be over-thinking about this right now.

Even if it did come off creepy, who cares?

Not every woman you talk to is going to think you're the most charming guy ever.

Some of them will think that it may be creepy.

But why let their opinions stop you?

Go for what you want.

If no one gets hurt, just do it.

• Like 1

Nothing about that sounds creepy. But she said she was flattered, so most likely she was.

If a girl was creeped out by being complimented and asked to coffee, that's her problem, not yours.

Look at it as good practice for cold approaching. You didn't faint or die when she said no, so feel free to try again with someone else. Eventually you will get a 'yes.'