Adding a romantic interest as a facebook friend??

leon23

Hi Everyone, I need your help...I had a question on Facebook and when you should add a date as a friend, then add their friends/family. I've been seeing this guy off and on for about a year with no commitment talk as of yet. I personally don't believe in adding a romantic interest as a fb friend until we've had the talk and have defined the relationship. So we are not fb friends, he's also 40 and is not on FB very much, but he has a ton of friends that are and has told me that the only reason he will go on from time to time is if someone adds him or to look at pictures.

Over the last month, I've become a little nervous because I have not seen him we've been texting and emailing and whenever we've tried to make plans it hasn't worked out because we've been extremely busy over the summer. About three weeks ago I was looking at his page and I saw that he had added three people as fb friends, all three of them women, so ofcourse as a typical woman I'm now wondering what the connection is...two of them are just mutual friends in his big social circle, the third is a woman who is not. I didn't think anything of it because I know he's pretty social in the summer and gets invited to a lot of things. About a week later after becoming fb friends with my guy this girl's brother (girl #3) fb friend requests him...again not worried about it because I'm thinking they are still friends, last week she becomes fb friends with two more of his friends and my romantic interests sister.

Now I'm stressing out a little, on one hand he just became fb friends with her three weeks ago, but now the siblings part doesn't make sense. I know I personally wouldn't add someone or their sibling unless I was in a serious relationship. The truth is I can't ask him about it because I would blow my cover as his fb stalker. He's 40 year's old, his sister lives way out of state but was here in August the same time he became fb friends with her.

I wonder if i'm stressing out over nothing...it would just be hard for me to believe in the span of 4 weeks he could meet someone else that quickly..I'm trying not to spy on the fb activity. I know some people just add people after meeting them one night so my fb philosophy is different.

Thoughts?

There is no rule for adding people, nor their friends or families. I don't add my SO's friends and families until I know them.

It doesn't sound that you are together anymore though as you haven't met up for a month. Maybe time to move on?

• Author

Sometimes we go a month without seeing eachother, there is some complicated history..but I was more interested in finding out everyone's thoughts on when they would add their romantic interest to FB and then starting adding family/friends...most articles I've read, say not to do it until you know you're serious...

Depends. Some people are selective about who they add to FB (I am one of these people) and other people are fine with adding everyone they have ever said "Hello" to or met at a party once or worked with for a week 6 yrs ago. So...I don't know. The chicks brother could be someone who adds any and everyone.

eta: I have never added a boyfriends family members.

• Author

Meh...either way it can't be a good thing this girl just added a bunch of his friends on fb. Think its a clear sign they are seeing eachother...time to move on.