How do you approach? Methods of approach? Cold approach?

Necris

I'm just curious how do you approach women? Women how would you like a guy to approach you? I'd be interesting in knowing if any women here approach guys. Also what is flirting and how is it done properly?

Also how effective is the cold approach in your opinion vs getting to know someone and approaching that way?

For me I don't do the cold approach method I feel its probably pretty pointless (honestly if I were a woman and a random guy I do not know out of the blue asked me out I would probably be far more inclined to reject him, then accept), and plus I'm already terrible at talking to people in general, a combination of shyness, social ineptness (I'm not retarded, but I'm definitely not the best at social situations), and I have a speech impediment making a cold approach even more difficult, so I try to get to know her a little bit before asking her out (this makes rejection just that much more awkward as well, and it uses alot of time). Since I have literally zero success at dating, getting a relationship, etc. I'm probably doing this wrong or maybe I'm just that undesireable.

Hi there, I'm not an expert pick up artist, but I've learned to handle rejection quite well and I try to cold approach at least once a week. And the best way to do this is just approach them like you would approach the same sex. Just make small talk about anything. Don't make it seem like you're hitting on them. And also learn how to handle rejection. You're going to get rejected a lot, mind as well get used to it. And I would say cold approaches work about 5-10% of the time, for me at least, and I'm just an average dude.

• Like 1
I'm just curious how do you approach women? Women how would you like a guy to approach you? I'd be interesting in knowing if any women here approach guys. Also what is flirting and how is it done properly?

Also how effective is the cold approach in your opinion vs getting to know someone and approaching that way?

For me I don't do the cold approach method I feel its probably pretty pointless (honestly if I were a woman and a random guy I do not know out of the blue asked me out I would probably be far more inclined to reject him, then accept), and plus I'm already terrible at talking to people in general, a combination of shyness, social ineptness (I'm not retarded, but I'm definitely not the best at social situations), and I have a speech impediment making a cold approach even more difficult, so I try to get to know her a little bit before asking her out (this makes rejection just that much more awkward as well, and it uses alot of time). Since I have literally zero success at dating, getting a relationship, etc. I'm probably doing this wrong or maybe I'm just that undesireable.

Most women won't approach guys. Not that they don't want to talk to you, but it's still up to the guy to initiate in most cases. This is what "pick up" lines were made for, to break the ice and make her laugh.

I will tell you, the hardest way to meet women is cold approach, but if you can pull it off, you'll get the best girls. There is a high chance that you'll be flat-out rejected (sometimes harshly!), but the reward is very high too.

Look at it this way, in a group of friends setting, where the girl is a friend of a friend, you have to compete with other guys, especially if it's for a very pretty girl. Both sexes turn on each other when there's an attractive, desirable mate they're competing for. You have to place yourself in setting where you don't have much competition.

I don't know what your hobbies or interests are in life, but focus on those and try to be places where you'll find single girls with similar interests. Most of the time, they want to meet new guys just as much as you want to meet new girls, you just have to initiate in some form.

• Author
Most women won't approach guys. Not that they don't want to talk to you, but it's still up to the guy to initiate in most cases. This is what "pick up" lines were made for, to break the ice and make her laugh.

I will tell you, the hardest way to meet women is cold approach, but if you can pull it off, you'll get the best girls. There is a high chance that you'll be flat-out rejected (sometimes harshly!), but the reward is very high too.

Look at it this way, in a group of friends setting, where the girl is a friend of a friend, you have to compete with other guys, especially if it's for a very pretty girl. Both sexes turn on each other when there's an attractive, desirable mate they're competing for. You have to place yourself in setting where you don't have much competition.

I don't know what your hobbies or interests are in life, but focus on those and try to be places where you'll find single girls with similar interests. Most of the time, they want to meet new guys just as much as you want to meet new girls, you just have to initiate in some form.

I know most women won't approach most guys, though extremely charismatic guys do get hit on alot by women and they do not even have to try, but most guys myself included aren't like that.

Anyway on the cold approach thing I already listed why that would be extremely difficult for me, I'll just end up looking foolish, just imagine if you are a girl and this super nerdy, shy guy is trying to hit on you, he's not particularly good looking, he has a speech impediment, obviously nervous and shy, doesn't know what to say,and you can tell he's a bit weird/different and not in a good way he just seems I don't know socially inept, you are going to be like "ugh... no thanks."

Its hard to find women into the things I'm into seeing as how I'm into extremely nerdy things myself the women who are interested are not very common and usually taken. I'm also a christian but I noticed there aren't too many people my age at Church and then there is the fact the ones who do go aren't there to find a man, but to try to serve God.

Also I wanted to know how do you approach, you meaning yourself, just curious to know other guy's styles of approach.

Don't worry about your speech impediment. It's probably not as bad to other people as you think. Just take deeps breaths and take your time speaking. Be calm, cool, and collected, that exudes confidence. And every women wants a confident guy because most women are insecure.