Dating a co-worker

Car10e

I heard its not a good idea...I'm not the one dating a co-worker, but someone close to me is. Anybody have any experience with this? I'd love to hear people's thoughts...

xXMarlboro_ManXx

I have a friend too (me) that would be interested in this thread. Not to hijack the thread but I am interested in asking out a co-worker that on a work level I have zero interaction with. I am hesitant because if the date goes bad or I do something stupid word will travel fast, our teams sometimes interact etc. I think it would be pretty stupid of me to pass the opportunity and wonder what if but I am still weighing the pros and cons.

• Author
I have a friend too (me) that would be interested in this thread. Not to hijack the thread but I am interested in asking out a co-worker that on a work level I have zero interaction with. I am hesitant because if the date goes bad or I do something stupid word will travel fast, our teams sometimes interact etc. I think it would be pretty stupid of me to pass the opportunity and wonder what if but I am still weighing the pros and cons.

I guess it just depends on the amount of interaction at work. My friend works in the same room as the person he is dating, so they see each other at work and outside of work. I have had other friends who have dated a co-worker, and it didn't last very long. They became overly attached, and would get mad at the other if he did something that didn't involve them. One of them ended up leaving the job after they split, because it was awkward for them to work together.

I have had mixed results... but I keep doing it anyways... If you like her, do it... If it doesnt work out it has the potential to seriously blow up in your face...

But it really has been worth it for me so far.

xXMarlboro_ManXx

Thanks for the input you guys. The interactions on work level are basically zero to none. The normal interactions are pretty tame .. she would simile at me as I walk by and I would smile back. I finally got to talking to her a bit and she seems pretty cool. I am still a bit hesitant to ask her out, if this were a different situation outside of the workplace I would have asked her out already. My biggest fear is that something bad happens after I ask her out ... she has a bf, terrible first date etc. and then I have to spend the next X amount of years avoiding eye contact. All in all since I don't deal with her on a professional level avoiding eye contact isn't a big deal.

No dude... you two can be adults... I was rejected by a girl I work with everyday(LESBIAN!!!! turning me down... HA) and I didnt have to avoid eye contact at all... because we are both adults...