Guys: Did I do enough to show this guy that I was attracted to him?

GoldPenny

Okay guys, what would you think about this situation if you were faced with it? You are very attracted to a girl and showed it, but she did not return the signs that she is into you. You gave her lingering stares, but she casually glanced at you and then looked away after just a second. You made your way across the room to sit right behind her when your other seat was just fine for the purposes of the room, but she still does not acknowledge you. Both of you have only been in a public setting together. She doesn't seem shy, just uninterested.

However, weeks go by without you seeing her and one day, you encounter her presence in another public setting. She still seems uninterested and you've still have not spoken a word to each other. However, out of the blue, this girl walks around to you when there's only one other person in the room, but STILL is not really looking at you until she reaches you, then asks, "How did your [insert hobby or activity that you've done] go?"

You did not disclose this info to her, and the only way she knew this particular thing about you is by overhearing you say them to friends or other people.

After you answer, she proceeds to walk around you and faces you with, "Weren't you in my [insert class that she only took a couple days worth of five weeks ago]?" with direct and maintained eye contact.

After your yes answer, she says, "Yeah, I thought I recognized you. I had to leave because I couldn't do the four weeks after work."

She turns around and is about to go to the bathroom, but you stop her with, "Wait? What?" She repeats it casually while looking back at you and you pull her into a conversation where you do a whole lot of talking about certain current events she's not familiar with (related to something that she mentioned though) and her mostly listening and asking the occasional question. She looks inviting and listens to you intently. The conversation ends when she says she really has to go to the bathroom and you say you have to talk to your teacher who just walked by (granted it's a few minutes later). She says, "Go ahead" with a smile and "Thanks for the info." You say, "Take care!"

-----------

I've lived my life shying away from guys that showed me interest, so this would be a major first. I want to at least give him the respect of honesty if it doesn't go any further...that I am attracted to him too. I did have my hand on the door of the bathroom with it slightly opened the whole time though. D'oh! It prob made it seem like I was in a hurry.

Edited by GoldPenny

Personally, if I really like girl even the slightest bit of attention I receive from her gives me a thrill and I'm right back chasing. It's very dumb though and I brought myself in dangerous situations when that chick had a gangsta boyfriend and what not. So what I have found is this: Sometimes girls who realize that you are very attracted to them, will occasionally leech off of the attention you give them even though they actually aren't interested in you at all. They just enjoy the ego boost, the feeling of being swoon all over, the ability of making a man blush just for having a normal conversation with him.

Make sure you show him that this is not what you were after, and you should be able to go out with him in no time.

• Author
Personally, if I really like girl even the slightest bit of attention I receive from her gives me a thrill and I'm right back chasing. It's very dumb though and I brought myself in dangerous situations when that chick had a gangsta boyfriend and what not. So what I have found is this: Sometimes girls who realize that you are very attracted to them, will occasionally leech off of the attention you give them even though they actually aren't interested in you at all. They just enjoy the ego boost, the feeling of being swoon all over, the ability of making a man blush just for having a normal conversation with him.

Make sure you show him that this is not what you were after, and you should be able to go out with him in no time.

Thanks much for your input!

Over the next few times I see him (and I'm not sure when as we have prob have different classes now), I'll see if I can clear things up some more if necessary because I'm definitely not one to play games, such as, like you said, just using him to boost my pride. I'm truly attracted to him.

I have wasted years of inadvertently treating adorable guys that tried to get my attention like I didn't notice them when I did, and I just feel like it's such a dishonest, wussy thing to do. I've now made it a point to show it too- at least eventually, if I'm attracted to them as well.

Edited by GoldPenny