Why won't this guy communicate?!

foolsbaby

I met this guy online and sent each other emails. In one of the email, he asked me whether I like to chat on the phone, and gave me his number. I called and we a nice chat.

For 4 days, we communicated either by phone or email and then we finally met. We had dinner and went to the movies. We said goodnite and he kissed me on the cheeks. I had a great time and he did too since he sent me an email the next day saying what a wonderful time he had and hopefully I would want to do it again.

Two days later, we had another mini-date after work. He definitely was tired and so was I but we chatted a bit although the conversational mood was more subdued than the previous date. At the end of the night, he said that he wants to take me out this weekend and I smiled at him and said goodnite. He turned to me so I gave him a quick peck on his lips.

The weekend is coming up & I never heard from him going on 2 days now. I assume he's busy and do not want to suffocate him, but I found out that he's been active in checking his online dating account, since on the site it tells you when's the last time the user was online.

This is bothering me and I have no idea what went wrong on our 2nd date. I'm too chicken to call him so should I email him? What should I say?

At the end of the night, he said that he wants to take me out this weekend and I smiled at him and said goodnite.

So he said "I want to take you out this weekend," and you said "Good night"? You didn't say "That sounds great"?

The weekend is coming up & I never heard from him going on 2 days now.

Chill. You've only been on two dates with this guy. It's now Friday...so, you should already have your plans for the weekend anyway, right? Surely you haven't been sitting around waiting for him to call before you made plans?

I assume he's busy and do not want to suffocate him but I found out that he's been active in checking his online dating account since on the site, it tells you when's the last time the user was online. This is bothering me and I have no idea what went wrong on our 2nd date.

Maybe nothing went wrong. The two of you aren't exclusive. He might be corresponding with and dating other women he met online--that doesn't immediately stop because he went on two dates with you.

Then again, maybe he decided that you weren't the one for him. It's not unusual for online guys to poof after a date or two. I wouldn't contact him...he said he wanted to take you out, so I think the ball is in his court.

And why are you checking up on him? Don't you have anything better to do? <said with love>

I’ll admit, I correspond a bit online with a few girls I like from school. But damn, sometimes I’m just so into my relaxation time that talking to them stinks. It’s too much of a chore. Perhaps because these chicks are pretty intellectually shallow. Are you that way?

Did you say anything inspiring to him? :confused: What kind of conversations to you have?

If you’re interesting and smart, he would correspond regularly. If you’re just a set of boobs, he’ll probably call you when he’s horny, like I would. :D

Sorry. But man, some chicks are so out of the loop when talking current affairs.

I'm a bit shy but warm up quickly. Since it's an internet dating thing, I asked him about his hobbies, his job (he's a cop), his likes/dislikes, etc. We didn't talk about anything really intellectually stimulating, just getting to know each other stuff. I actually love watching news channel and keep up to date on current events. Wouldn't it seem awkward to talk about heavy duty stuff like that on the 1st or 2nd date? Anyway, I guess he has other correspondences from his online ad and found someone he likes better.