Sex in the early stage of dating

millerl10

Hey Guys,

i have been dating a girl i met online i'm 33 she is 26. we have been communicating for 2 months, had our first date about 6 weeks ago. We had sex on the 3rd and 4th date where she stayed over both times. It's now 3 weeks later and we had a 5th date ( took 2 weeks due to us both having plans and living an hour apart) where she changed plans in the morning to stay over at mine that night after the date, due to the fact she was moving house. The date went great, kissing hand holding etc... We spoke on the phone last night and she has had a torrid two weeks with work and indicated she was going to take some time for herself this weekend, I am away the following weekend so floated the idea of a movie after work next week for our 6th date.

If i'm honest I feel a little rejected sexually now. I'm not in it with this girl just for sex and have proven that along the way, but 3 weeks and counting with what looks like another 2 seems a long timefor her to not want to stay over and i'm a bit bummed she isn't trying too now where she was a few weeks ago..and it has me a bit worried she doesn't find me sexually attractive ? I'm just plain confused.

Should I bring it up ? and if so how and when ? we don't really text each other and we chat on the phone once or twice a week but we haven't really had any relationship / dating conversations so for all i know whe is still seeing other people and she wants to put the brakes on or it's something else ? maybe she is testing me ? I think the length of time in between dates probably isn't helping because 2 dates can equal a month, but i can't help feeling roles reversed I would be jumping over hot coals to spend the night!

I understnd intamacy is quite different for men and women, and I am seeing it in a black and white. She wanted it and now clearly doesn't situation. She hasn't talked to me about it at all but i'm sure she must be aware of the time since right ?

Any suggestions on what I can do to get to the bottom of it, without being a jerk ?

You've only been out 6 times. She's probably not completely involved yet, therefore sex isn't a big priority. Don't talk to her about this yet. Maybe after some more time has passed and you've openly committed to each othet. But hey, it may not be a problem then!

• Like 1
miss_jaclynrae

Don't say ANYTHING.

It is was too early for you to be discussing your sexual frustration, whether you guys have done it already or not.

Yeah you don't sound particularly close. Why aren't you staying over at her place?

• Author

She has recently moved ack in with her parents, so understandably early in the dating phase it isn't much of an option.

Thanks for the feedback, clearly i'm uncomfortable bringing it up and for multiple reasons I am correct in just letting it slide for now. At the end of the day if she wants to see me she will :)

26 and living at home? I would give this one a miss

Plenty of people in our country have had to move back in with parents due to the bad economy. Not to mention some people help their parents out with the mortgage or rent. As long as the chick has a job, career goals, and doesnt plan to stay home forever, I wouldnt see it as a big deal at all.

A friend of mine lived at home until he was 27. He stayed through grad school, and to help his mom out after his dad passed away last year. Not to mention he has a great job and makes bank.

So, all in all, people should look into why someone is at home.

• Like 1
Plenty of people in our country have had to move back in with parents due to the bad economy. Not to mention some people help their parents out with the mortgage or rent. As long as the chick has a job, career goals, and doesnt plan to stay home forever, I wouldnt see it as a big deal at all.

A friend of mine lived at home until he was 27. He stayed through grad school, and to help his mom out after his dad passed away last year. Not to mention he has a great job and makes bank.

So, all in all, people should look into why someone is at home.

This.

As long as the "my house, my rules" are re-established.

Then they are effectually living in their mom's basement.

Their even below Howard from from Big bang theory & I personally wouldn't of dated someone like that in my 30's.

Fortunately most people my age are supporting their parents.

Or their dead so I don't see these things. :)