Do you think cuddling with a friends wife is over the line?

We were hanging out at a summer home me and my friends bought this summer drinking and having a good time all pretty drunk and when i went to the living room my friends wife was cuddling with my other friend who was just divorced and single,he left the room moved to another couch later and then she went up to him again and put her head on his shoulder and chest and put her feet on his feet

Her husband was awake in a different room the first time and a sleep i think the second time and this girl doesnt have a bad history or anything but do you think thats inappropriate behavior even while drunk?

Or just a friendly effection thing if people dont take it too far?

My friend she was cuddling with is a good lookign dude and while she proably wouldnt do anyhtign i noticed most women flock to the same few guys and maybe this was her moment of weakness since women cant control themsvles around guys they think are good looking and charismatic when there drunk or maybe she was just showing effection because they never were great friends till we moved to this new summer home and they became more close friendship wise?

I know she mentions she loves cuddling and wanted to cuddle with me a few weeks ago so maybe its just her way of showing effection plus she was drunk as hell so maybe it meant nothing and she forgot she even did it?

It means you need to tell your friend.

I was married and it wasn't even going well and I wouldn't have done this.

It's wrong.

• Like 6
  • Author
It means you need to tell your friend.

I was married and it wasn't even going well and I wouldn't have done this.

It's wrong.

My friend is also good friends for a long time with the guy she cuddled with it wasnt a stranger plus she put her arms around him in frotn of her husband so if she mant anyhting bad by it wouldnt she try to be more sneakier?

she was really drunk that night hugging everyone putting her arms around them i dont think she meant anything by it she gets effectionate,she asked me to cuddle with her a few times and shes like my little sister and i know she would never do anything with me

Edited by PJKino
  • Author

It was on the couch in a room with a few people not in a bed alone and as i said she was being effectionate with him putting her arms around him before in front of her husband so if she had any hidden agendas she would be more sneaky about it no?

If her husband was around and didnt complain i dont see the big deal

If it was a hidden agenda to sleep with his friend she wouldnt be so blatant about it she would be more discreet no?

Edited by AD1980
My friend is also good friends for a long time with the guy she cuddled with it wasnt a stranger plus she put her arms around him in frotn of her husband so if she mant anyhting bad by it wouldnt she try to be more sneakier?

she was really drunk that night hugging everyone putting her arms around them i dont think she meant anything by it she gets effectionate,she asked me to cuddle with her a few times and shes like my little sister and i know she would never do anything with me

So the husband and the guy she cuddled with are "good friends"? All the more reason to tell the dude. God forbid i have as "good friends" as that one...

• Author
So the husband and the guy she cuddled with are "good friends"? All the more reason to tell the dude. God forbid i have as "good friends" as that one...

Hes my good friend also and he told me later that he felt awkward and thats why he evnetually left he didnt touch her at all

He ddint think she had bad intentions either it was just that he didnt want our friend whos the girls husband to take it the wrong way

If the husband was in the room while this was going on, it wouldn't be a big deal because he would have made it clear that it either bothered him or it didn't. Since he was unaware -- not a good thing for the wife to do.

• Like 1
If the husband was in the room while this was going on, it wouldn't be a big deal because he would have made it clear that it either bothered him or it didn't. Since he was unaware -- not a good thing for the wife to do.

I agree it may be inaapropriate but since the op said the husband was around my guess is she didnt have any bad intentions or shed be more discreet

This happened tome once when we rented a summer house me and my friends wife bonded and she said she was always physically attracted to me but now i mad her laugh and we formed a connection in her mind and she got over flirtatious

I think women have this weird thing where if you make them laugh and they think its a dep connection and their physically attracted to you almost any women would be tempted to cheat add in alcohol which women cant control either and its a recipe for disaster

My guess is she always wanted to f his friedn and alcohol and a connection made those feelings stronger

hell yeah that's inappropriate, but if your friend doesn't care :confused: then whatever I guess...he's either whipped or their boundaries are a lot more open than mine would be.

personally, I love to cuddle too, but not with my friends. With my boyfriend.

The Way I Am

No, I don't think it's appropriate.

But it's also not your place to tell the husband about this. You're welcome to tell him if you felt uncomfortable when she tried to cuddle with you, since that's a situation that involves you.

If you and your friend both have concerns for him and decide you want to talk to him about his wife together, only then should you tell him of the situation with your friend.

But you can't approach him accusing his wife of wrong doing (you don't know her intentions). You have to look take the perspective that it makes you uncomfortable and you don't want to compromise your friendship with a misunderstanding, so you want to know how he'd prefer you to handle those situations. You make him aware of her behavior, but you're not accusing her of anything.

That's the way that's least likely to make him angry. But it's not guaranteed that he won't be. He might be pissed. Or he might tell her and she'll be pissed.

• Like 1

Something is seriously wrong with the situation. Actually at least two things:

The wife cuddling with another guy AND the husband not caring!

Mme. Chaucer

Over the line. What line? Obviously there are no boundaries in place here. More trouble to come.

• Like 1
  • Author
Over the line. What line? Obviously there are no boundaries in place here. More trouble to come.

To be fair her husband was outside but didnt see it if he did he would proably be angry

I agree its inaproporate my only point is knowing her i doubt she was trying to do anything more with my friend she wouldnt cheat she was just acting weird because she was hammered

I just think its a stretch to say shes wants to have sex with the guy because she cuuddled with him drunk,she wanted to cuddle with me and where like brothers and sisters i know shed never try anything

• Author
Something is seriously wrong with the situation. Actually at least two things:

The wife cuddling with another guy AND the husband not caring!

AS i said her husband was outside and didnt see it if he did he might be mad

I agree it was wrong but as i said i dont think it means shd cheat with the guy because she cuddles with him

weallfalldown

i think she's taking the piss....but then i'm a scorpio. never been married but tmakes no odds. It's alittle too close for comfort...but that's me, some are a lot more laid back.....i think if your too laid back people just take the piss.

• Like 1

Yeah, breaking boundaries is deffinitely how it doesn't start.

Unless they are into Open/Swinger/polyamory/cuckolding, i see an affair with maybe a divorce in their future.

OP, i wouldn't want you for a friend.

• Author
i think she's taking the piss....but then i'm a scorpio. never been married but tmakes no odds. It's alittle too close for comfort...but that's me, some are a lot more laid back.....i think if your too laid back people just take the piss.

take the piss meaning what?

• Author
Yeah, breaking boundaries is deffinitely how it doesn't start.

Unless they are into Open/Swinger/polyamory/cuckolding, i see an affair with maybe a divorce in their future.

OP, i wouldn't want you for a friend.

why i never cuddled with her,and as i said its not cheating its defnitely inappropriate but i think youre taking it a little too far

Cuddling doesnt mean she autmoatically wanted to f him

She was in the pool with her husband a little before that trying to have sex with him and as she said it "make babies"

She just got extremely drunk and weve all done stupid things drunk

Edited by PJKino
weallfalldown

most women know their limits when drinking........if she's gettin ratted, then she's bored or up to something...haha, this will start a row. Taking the piss, as in some take advantage of a partners laid back turn a blind eye approach. But that's just my op....their like arseholes everyone's got one!!

I tend to agree wit the op in that its denfitely inappropriate but if she had her eye on this guy she wouldnt be doing this with her husband in the vicinity shed wait till he wasnt in the same place

Defnitely inappropriate and if she does it again id say something but she was piss drunk and weve all done stupid stuff drunk

If somebody plans to cheat theyre not gonna do it with their husband or wife in the vicinity

Ive always said women are probably morew visual then men and get horny around guys therye extremely attracted to married or not

I know its not all ladies but ive seen a ton of women cheat lately or get frisky and cross the line like this

Hey OP, are you seriously asking the rest of us if it's inappropriate or just wanting to make excuses for your friend even though deep down you believe and think it's inappropriate.

Seem to me all you doing base on your replies is making excuses for your friend to be okay with cuddling with another man wife.

If you going to keep making excuses even though most of every reply here has said it's inappropriate than don't make a topic asking us just so you can hope someone here will say something you want to hear.

• Like 1