Ever had a crush on your boss?

hiimgerman

So I was assigned to undertake a community pharmacy placement in a rural area. It was a great experience and I really learnt a lot. On my first day I was surprised to discover that my preceptor was a young lady, beautiful, smart, and energetic. It didn't take me long to develop a tiny crush on her. Has anyone had a crush on their boss/supervisor?

Eh, I've always had a bit of a teacher/student, mentor/mentoree fetish. If there's been some reasonably kind, witty, smart, older male in a position of authority over me, I'm very susceptible to getting all googly-eyed.

In my early to mid 20's I was lucky enough to work for a guy who knew & respected the boundaries and never took advantage of that. Not all young women are that fortunate and some get taken advantage of.

I'm sure you've already heard or been told that getting involved/dating/having personal romantic-type relationships with people you work with or work for isn't generally a good idea. It's also something most people don't really understand until they've been burned by it first hand (yours truly included) or have witnessed someone close to them get burned by it.

Just because you have a crush on someone doesn't mean you ever have to act on it. This is probably one of those situations where it's likely to be best if you can learn to enjoy those giddy feelings without ever acting on them. Over time, I've found that those we have crushes on will eventually fall off the pedestal we placed them upon and we'll wonder what the heck we ever saw in them. It's just a matter of letting it run it's course without overly embarassing yourself or doing anything really stupid before it does.

• Like 1
miss_jaclynrae

I am actually sorta seeing one of mine. :laugh:

I would NEVER recommend it, unless you both are on the same page of keeping it completely under wraps and talk about how to go about it.

• Like 1
  • Author

Just because you have a crush on someone doesn't mean you ever have to act on it. This is probably one of those situations where it's likely to be best if you can learn to enjoy those giddy feelings without ever acting on them. Over time, I've found that those we have crushes on will eventually fall off the pedestal we placed them upon and we'll wonder what the heck we ever saw in them. It's just a matter of letting it run it's course without overly embarassing yourself or doing anything really stupid before it does.

Methinks, too:laugh:

• Author

I'm sure you've already heard or been told that getting involved/dating/having personal romantic-type relationships with people you work with or work for isn't generally a good idea. It's also something most people don't really understand until they've been burned by it first hand (yours truly included) or have witnessed someone close to them get burned by it.

What happened?? =O

Nope, haven't had a boss my age yet, I have had little physical crushes on bosses like that I just would bang them but would never want to date them. But there are plenty of women out there who I look at and think I'd enjoy sleeping with them!;)