anybody have any tips on how I can forget about a guy? I must stop obsessing!!!

purpleknif67

I need tips on how I can forgot about someone who I really liked but I guess doesn't really like me, for whatever reason. The strange thing is I only went on three dates with him but I really liked him...I know I need to move on but occasionally think about him, but what is worse, I am in no shape to date for awhile and there is another guy interested in getting together and I just do not have the energy to get back on the dating merry-go-round again. I started dating again at the beginning of this year, I've been on about six dates and allready I am exhausted. In the past, I usually met someone and we had a LTR but all I seem to run into nowadays are men who have some pretty heavy baggage. Maybe it is me...

I can sense your pain from your words. The answer...there isn't one.

Three dates? Lucky for you you will forget him before youknow it. I'm in the process of trying to forget/get over three years. Not that my problem is any worse than yours but understand that healing is about time. Keep yourself busy, spend time with friends, and enjoy yourself.

Sounds like you're not too interested in meeting anyone else so take some time to be selfish and do things purely for your own pleasure. you'll be laughing about this in no time!

consult thinkalot's threads on obsession, and *make* them relevant to your situation. pretend it's the bible.

Well, the next time you date. make a promise to yourself that you will have a good time and laugh with your date. I guess the key to forgetting someone is try to be with someone who can just make you be happy, smile, laugh and just be true to yourself.

Dating while 'seeking for a relationship' rarely work. Date....till a relationship easily comes out of it.

I make the joke that I date for the 'free beer and chicken wings'. That's not entirely true.....it's a mindset. I don't go out with ANYONE thinking about sharing 'forever' with them. I go into it as a one time deal. That way, I'm not disappointed when I find out he has no job, is a convicted felon or his exwife lives in his hallway. LOL!

I enjoy the beer, the food....and sometimetimes the company. No more....No less.