You're all going to kill me

WWDDFD

So, uhm... that girl who has been messing with me for 5 months is now back in my life. She called up, and guess what... we actually met!

Hooray!... I think?

Anyway, we had lunch/dinner for about an hour and a half; a lot more talking than eating going on, etc (I brought home over half my dinner!). I guess the only noticable thing about the whole thing is that she absolutely demanded to pay for the entire bill, but I refused to let her (A proper gentleman never lets the woman foot the bill!). She kept demanding and said that she owed it to me. After about the fourth time she demanded to pay, I decided she was more than just being polite, so I told her she could pay the tip. She ended up saying something like "The next time we go out, I am paying for sure, or we're not going out at all"; and as we were parting, she promised me she would never treat me like she did before.

We didn't actually make plans for a next time; with our schedules it's virtually impossible to set up a date too far ahead of time. It's been two days since the date and neither of us has called the other; since we left it up in the air, I'm wondering what's appropriate? Should I call her next, or wait for her to call? I'm really tempted to send her a text message along the lines of "Hey there; I had a wonderful time on wednesday, I hope you did too =)".

Any suggestions?

do not text. let her call. if you like her and want her, give her the pleasure of wanting you in return.

take a little power for yourself; you deserve it.

• Author

God she is cute. This is going to be even harder to give up on now. One thing about the date is that I could only maintain eye contact with her for about 5-10 seconds at a time, but she was always staring at me...

Any opinions on this? Heh.

man, i am going to kill you. so, she's cute. hell, we're all cute. this girl gave you the royal runaround, so much so that you were transcribing phone calls in the manner of jimmy-stewart-in-hitchcockian-films.

all will post on this topic, i am sure, but all i have to say as a female friend is "dude; no. smarten up. you only victimize yourself by deciding to enage in this cycle of flakiness"

• Author

Another thing; my parents are very intrusive; they've been that way all my life. They would go into my room and tear it apart regularly to make sure I wasn't on drugs (never touched them in my life!) and read my journal, and so on. Because of this, I've developed this thing where I tend not to ask *anyone* any questions about themselves; I'm just so afraid it's going to come off as intrusive like my parents were to me. I know it's ridiculous, but it's just so damn difficult to get around.

I found it very difficult to ask her anything about herself, so I'm afraid that this might make me come off as self-centered; there are thousands of things I would love to know about her, but I'm just too afraid to ask! Should I tell her this? I'm not sure I can get around this inquirophobia easily enough =(

• Author
Originally posted by jenny

man, i am going to kill you. so, she's cute. hell, we're all cute. this girl gave you the royal runaround, so much so that you were transcribing phone calls in the manner of jimmy-stewart-in-hitchcockian-films.

To be fair; I stopped that at the new year. I figured it was borderline obsessive behaviour, so it just wasn't a good thing to do. :)

I went on a date once with a guy that I worked with, no one else at work knew. Anyway we had a wonderful time. I waited for him to call and he didn't . We carried on at work as though nothing happened, we didn't want anyone to suspect. Anyway it turns out a couple of years later another co worker that this guy confided in said the he was waiting for me to call him, we were both waiting for the other to call. B/c neither of us did it became the end b4 anything even started.

Moral of the story if you like her CALL.

• Author
Originally posted by carla

I went on a date once with a guy that I worked with, no one else at work knew. Anyway we had a wonderful time. I waited for him to call and he didn't . We carried on at work as though nothing happened, we didn't want anyone to suspect. Anyway it turns out a couple of years later another co worker that this guy confided in said the he was waiting for me to call him, we were both waiting for the other to call. B/c neither of us did it became the end b4 anything even started.

Moral of the story if you like her CALL.

Did I ever tell you that I love you? :D

She didn't call because she was afraid that she scared me away for some reason. I don't know. She apparently has a strange sense of rejection or something. She thought that since I didn't eat half of my dinner, that was a hint that I wanted to end the date quickly. I guess I should have made it more clear at the time that I was far more interested in her than the food. :rolleyes:

Anyway, she said she had a really good time; apologized for cutting the date short (90 minutes wasn't *that* short; but whatever), and thanked me repeatedly for buying her dinner.

:love:

..hears something beating on the wall.....OH...that's Jenny's head!!!!........... :confused:

Originally posted by WWDDFD

I found it very difficult to ask her anything about herself, so I'm afraid that this might make me come off as self-centered; there are thousands of things I

would love to know about her, but I'm just too afraid to ask!

You will come off as self-centered.

Women hate guys who talk about only themselves.

Women love questions.

They love to ask them, the difficult kind with no right answer, but rather a choice of wrong ones.

They love to answer them, ironically, because it inspires them to talk about themselves.

Get over said interrophobia, you're going to need to be armed with a few open-ended questions, in order to avoid awkward silences, until you're at a point in your relationship, where silence is rewarding.

she payed?? for both of you?? your screwed

when that happens, usually it implies that she considers you no more tahn a friend.

if she payed for half and so did you, well that's a different story.

Originally posted by monkey00

when that happens, usually it implies that she considers you no more tahn a friend.

and yet

and thanked me repeatedly for buying her dinner.

• Author
Originally posted by monkey00

No it went down something like this;

Her: "Let me pay for yours; I owe it to you for how badly I've treated you."

Me: "No, that's ok, I've got it"

Her: "No really, I mean it."

Me: "Hey look, it's nothing; I've got it" (it was really nothing; only $23)

Her: "Well at least let me pay for my half!"

Me: "*grining* Not gonna happen!"

and so on.