Women states in her OKC profile that she is seeking "new friends"/activity partners"

PhillyDude

Stated she is seeing someone she met from the site and since he works a lot on the weekends she is interested in new friends and activity partners for stuff like

Dollar strolls

Free concerts

Other Events around the city

Is this a classy way of saying she wants to sleep around?-LOL

What the hell is a activity partner

• Author
No, it isn't.

Well If she was dating me and I worked all weekend why would I want her going out with other men?

Well If she was dating me and I worked all weekend why would I want her going out with other men?

If you dated a girl who had a hobby (e.g climbing or kayaking for example) that you weren't interested in, would you refuse to let her do those activities with other guys? Even if she'd been doing so before she met you?

It depends. When i used okc for a brief time (very brief) I listed activity partners because I'm an aspiring photographer and it would be cool to find other creative minded chicks to tag along with me around the city when I go on shoots. If it led to anything more, fine, but I honestly was just looking for cool people to join me.

• Author
If you dated a girl who had a hobby (e.g climbing or kayaking for example) that you weren't interested in, would you refuse to let her do those activities with other guys? Even if she'd been doing so before she met you?

I never heard of a woman spending time with other men if she is in a relationship. If anything she would try to get him interested in her hobby not go out with another man

• Author
It depends. When i used okc for a brief time (very brief) I listed activity partners because I'm an aspiring photographer and it would be cool to find other creative minded chicks to tag along with me around the city when I go on shoots. If it led to anything more, fine, but I honestly was just looking for cool people to join me.

Don'r give me that "if it led to anything more" crap because that is your HIDDEN AGENDA

• Like 2

Is this a classy way of saying she wants to sleep around?-LOL

What the hell is a activity partner

Given that she even listed the activities that she wanted to find a partner for I think it's reasonable, this time, to take it at face value.

I do wonder about those who are looking for activity partners but who fail to list any of their interests or activities!

Don'r give me that "if it led to anything more" crap because that is your HIDDEN AGENDA

Haha; I don't need hidden agendas to hook up with girls.

Just a few weeks ago, a girl approached me/flirted with me, and offered me her number. After it was revealed that I was a photographer, she mentioned she's into photography as well (could have been a lie, who knows) and said we should totally go on a shoot sometime.

I wasn't particularly attracted to this girl (not my type), and I knew even if she was digging me, I wouldn't hook up with her because I wasn't interested. However, I'm still willing to take her up on her offer of going on a photoshoot.

When I go on my shoots, it's either alone, or with friends, most of whom enjoy it, but obviously not to the extent a fellow photographer would.

If I can find a fellow photographer who wants to go on shoots with me, cool. If it turns out her and me share a mutual attraction to each other, even better. But I'm good either way.

PhillyDude

Not necessarily. Have you ever read the book "Why men marry bitches (not to be taken literally?" The book tells women to not advertise that you're looking for a serious relationship to men right away. You want to act elusive, as if you're not willing to commit to just any random joe.

So, some of these women online are making it look like they're not desperate for a serious relationship. The women that do say they're looking for a serious relationship still end up attracting men looking for casual sex. A man looking for casual sex will just lie and play along with what the woman wants. Nobody is stupid enough to say "yes,I'm going to pump and dump you."

I forgot to add that if you really want to know if a woman is looking to sleep around, observe her behavior. Is she impulsive? Does she talk openly about her past conquests? Does she tell you that she slept on the first date with her last boyfriend? I have a friend that divulges this information to any tom, dick and harry. Lastly, is she jumping on to you right away?

Try not to over-analyze dating profiles. Their behavior is what clues you into how they are. When you see someone in person, you pick up on non-verbal cues to help assess their character.

• Author
PhillyDude

Not necessarily. Have you ever read the book "Why men marry bitches (not to be taken literally?" The book tells women to not advertise that you're looking for a serious relationship to men right away. You want to act elusive, as if you're not willing to commit to just any random joe.

So, some of these women online are making it look like they're not desperate for a serious relationship. The women that do say they're looking for a serious relationship still end up attracting men looking for casual sex. A man looking for casual sex will just lie and play along with what the woman wants. Nobody is stupid enough to say "yes,I'm going to pump and dump you."

You may have a point because if she is seriously seeing someone why the hell would she go through the trouble of meeting another guy for activities???

Sorry, man. I didn't read the entire thread! So, she is dating someone...yet she's looking for other activity partners? Is that what I'm hearing from you?

All I can say is that you can trust your gut on this one. We internet posters don't know all of the information and can only give opinions based on our own lives. If your gut feeling says something is off, go for it. If you let other people talk you out of your own instincts, you pay the price in the end. Not us.

Feelsgoodman
PhillyDude

I'm not sure that's very good advice. Over the years, I've dropped more than one woman I was seriously interested in for acting "elusive". Personally, I don't like uncertainty, so if a woman is giving mixed signals, I cut my losses and next her.

Initial dating does not equal exclusivity.

Why in the hell someone would be so arrogant to think that just because she goes on a date with someone, all other dates and activities are off just because she met YOU! Who the hell are you? Her world is supposed to come full stop, just because she went on a date or two with you or maybe she gave your her number. Lets wise up.

• Author
Initial dating does not equal exclusivity.

Why in the hell someone would be so arrogant to think that just because she goes on a date with someone, all other dates and activities are off just because she met YOU! Who the hell are you? Her world is supposed to come full stop, just because she went on a date or two with you or maybe she gave your her number. Lets wise up.

I said If I was the GUY she claimed she is seeing why would i want her going out with other men to live events???

She is a multidater and more than likely getting pipe from a few of those guys and if you date her you will just have to accept it.

• Author
She is a multidater and more than likely getting pipe from a few of those guys and if you date her you will just have to accept it.

I know that, only a fool would take dating seriously

I'm not sure that's very good advice. Over the years, I've dropped more than one woman I was seriously interested in for acting "elusive". Personally, I don't like uncertainty, so if a woman is giving mixed signals, I cut my losses and next her.

What I meant was a woman that's not so eager to jump into a serious relationship with any suitable man. If a woman ignores you all of the time or act like she doesn't like you, then that's a turn off.

I think you can be elusive, yet still be sweet and enticing. It's a skill to know how to allow a man to pursue you and just being cold and dismissive. Dating can be like a cat and a mouse game where you build up the sexual tension and flirtiness ;)

I'm going off topic to the OP. :p

I said If I was the GUY she claimed she is seeing why would i want her going out with other men to live events???

Are you spending a lot of money on her? Are you consistently complimenting her? Doing all the things that you think are the things you are "supposed" to do. Being a gentleman?

I sure hope so, you know why? Because I am the guy that she is going out with to live events while you sit at home or work wondering why. I bet you take her to dinner and let her text the whole time too. After you have built up her self-esteem with hollow compliments and paid for her dinners while acting like a chump, I call and she comes and hangs out with me.

If this is the case, I want to take this time to thank you for all that you do. Men like yourself makes life for me a whole lot easier.

Feelsgoodman
What I meant was a woman that's not so eager to jump into a serious relationship with any suitable man. If a woman ignores you all of the time or act like she doesn't like you, then that's a turn off.

If she ignores me one half, one third, one quarter or even one tenth of the time, it's still a huge turn-off.

I think you can be elusive, yet still be sweet and enticing. It's a skill to know how to allow a man to pursue you and just being cold and dismissive. Dating can be like a cat and a mouse game where you build up the sexual tension and flirtiness ;)

This strategy may work on some desperate/insecure man, but a popular/desirable guy is not going to deal with such B.S. (why would he tolerate your mind f*cking when he can date other women). What this strategy does is separate the wheat from the chaff...and you get to keep the chaff (desperate beta males). And then you complain that there are no good men left :laugh:

• Like 1

This.

I seem to meet a good amount of women that obviously are trying to get my attention, come on strong then once they have it they shift into "chase me mode" and start acting elusive or trying to make it seem like i'm going overboard by just going to lunch with them. HUH?

I've even had women do this AFTER we've had sex. Like they want me to now work for what they freely gave me.

I feel like I've entered the twilight zone.

Not chasing a 40yr old woman/10 :)

• Like 1

craigslist has a very busy activity partner/platonic partner section for those of you that didn't already know.

If she is really looking for an activity partner, it shouldn't matter if that person is male or female, or of a significant difference in age.