If someone says they think you have nothing in common when you do.....

....it means they weren't physically attracted?

Just recently, I had been rather selective and not just entirely blanket emailing too many women, and just seeking out those who I have a lot in common with.

This paricular woman, average physically, but cute....could lose a few pounds but I found her appealing enough to want to get to know only because her profile read a lot of things that we had in common.

ie. seeing value in friends and family, cooking, old-fashioned values, etc.

She also wasn't a nightclubber, and so I'm not either.

She was never married, has no kids , over 40, so am I.

What I found ironic was she said she even wouldn't mind if we didn't have everything in common"

I emailed this person specifically only because I thought we had A LOT in common. That's the whole irony of it all, and she replies with, "I'm sorry, but I don't think we have a lot in common."

I actually replied, "Interesting, so what is it you think we do not have in common"

Just to see what she says....but I'm banking on the fact she just looked at the pictures and nothing more.

That's a woman's way of saying she's not physically attracted to you. My sister used to say that same thing to men when she was doing OLD if she was not physically attracted to the guy.

• Like 2
january2011
That's a woman's way of saying she's not physically attracted to you. My sister used to say that same thing to men when she was doing OLD if she was not physically attracted to the guy.

Seconded. She's not attracted/interested. I suggest moving along rather than dwelling too much on it. Her loss.

I used that line on a woman who contacted me on OLD because, well, I wasn't attracted. She responded by saying something like "i on reflection I did lower my standards in contacting you" and then blocked me. I may have to revise my policy on actually bothering to give rejections vs ignoring them!

• Author
I used that line on a woman who contacted me on OLD because, well, I wasn't attracted. She responded by saying something like "i on reflection I did lower my standards in contacting you" and then blocked me. I may have to revise my policy on actually bothering to give rejections vs ignoring them!

Yeah, I found it odd with this woman, she wasn't much to look at herself physically, so I found it strange.

• Author
i don't know why to even bother with a profile as people are just going by the photos.

Right, you can be creative and unique as you can be in your initial email to a woman, but she might not even read the email if she doesn' tlike your pictures.