Visiting a friend

punkchique

Hi all! I'm new to the site but I have a little something that's troubling me.

So I've been dating this amazing guy, E, for about a month now and he's just about the greatest thing that could happen to me.

I also have a sort of penpal, R, who I met on a European tour a few years ago, but he lives in the US. We've kept in touch mainly through skype and facebook and I visited him a few times (he lives in a different state than me). And we've become really good friends, but nothing ever happened between us and never will.

A couple hours ago, R offered to buy a plane ticket for me to visit again, for about 4 days, since he'll be going off to school back to school in Europe in a few months.

I really want to go and see R but I don't know how to ask/tell E about it. Any advice on what to say? Or am I wrong to even ask E about it?

Thanks in advance!!

I don't know any guy that would put up with his girlfriend flying off to meet some other guy. Especially for a 4 day stay. You can ask but I doubt anything good will come from it.

I'll be damned if nothing happens between you two. History + Opportunity is the downfall of the majority of people. Why don't you just tell him? if you're honest in your intentions then you wouldn't be hesitating.

utterer of lies
I also have a sort of penpal, R, who I met on a European tour a few years ago, but he lives in the US. We've kept in touch mainly through skype and facebook and I visited him a few times (he lives in a different state than me). And we've become really good friends, but nothing ever happened between us and never will.

You should probably communicate this to R, very clearly and in a way he cannot misread or misunderstand it.

Let's see if he still wants to buy tickets afterwards.

• Author

Thanks for your 'advice' guys. I talked to my boyfriend, he was perfectly fine with it even said that it was silly to think he would get get upset, he trusts me. And he also said that he's my boyfriend not my father and its not his place to tell me what I can or can't do.

And R is completely aware that this is a strictly platonic trip and even offered to buy E a ticket.

Thanks

utterer of lies
Thanks for your 'advice' guys. I talked to my boyfriend, he was perfectly fine with it even said that it was silly to think he would get get upset, he trusts me. And he also said that he's my boyfriend not my father and its not his place to tell me what I can or can't do.

And R is completely aware that this is a strictly platonic trip and even offered to buy E a ticket.

Great. Sounds like the start of an intriguing soap opera. Please continue to post further developments here.

• Author
Great. Sounds like the start of an intriguing soap opera. Please continue to post further developments here.

Your sarcasm is delightful. You sound horribly bitter, must have been a while since you've been laid.

utterer of lies
Your sarcasm is delightful.

I know. I'm just great like that.

You sound horribly bitter, must have been a while since you've been laid.

Haha. Ad hominem, always a great retort.

But don't worry, the two days since were bearable, and I think I'll survive the few hours till the next. ;)

However, I've heard quite a few dramas that started like your own. Hope you'll be fine..but, as you are well aware of, you'll never know what happens.