to chase or not to chase

freetolove

freetolove

There's a man who expressed interest in me that I am also interested in however, it seems as though some of the initial fire has died down, should I chase after him (e.g. call him, ask him to do something). Overall I'm use to the guy asking me out BUT it's a new time/age. What do you guys think? A lot of advice I get is just wait or move on to the next one. That means that I can only chose from a pool of men who want to go out with me, what about who I want to date?

He recently went traveling so he'll be gone for 3 weeks, this gives me time to decide to move on put surprise him with something fun when he gets back, we went on a few dates but he seemed preoccupied with his travel plans recently OR he lost interest, I'm unsure of which one. The last few dates for the most part, I let him take the lead. I haven't asked him out or anything but have expressed interest.

If he initiated the first few dates, I see nothing wrong with you initiating one now. Doing that isn't CHASING. Continuing to ask him / contact him if he blows you off or flakes...THAT is chasing.