Crush seems to be showing some interest after rejection

LoverOfDance

LoverOfDance

So I have this crush I'm still struggling to get over because he has a girlfriend. I told him how I felt about 4 months ago and told him I didn't want him to do anything about it. I genuinely didn't want him to do anything about it because I have a lot of respect for his gf. My feelings for him were becoming too deep 4 me to handle and I was feeling like I was losing control over them. I felt like if I got him to reject me, maybe the pain of rejection would help me move on. Did it work? Kinda. I'm still not over him but my feelings are not as intense as they use to be.

Before I told him how I felt, 98% of the time, I was always the one who initiated our convos but now I don't even try anymore cause I'm trying to get over him. He's not constantly talking to me whenever we around each other but he seems to be putting in more effort to actually converse nowadays. Last time we were together, I didn't want to eat so he fed me. He noticed my new outfit last week when no one else did. I don't know what's going on and I don't know what to do either. I want to keep trying to get over him cause my conscience won't let me go after him since he's already taken. Do I keep trying to move on or just go along with the flow and see what happens?

I think that these are just friendly and maybe slightly flirty cues, he obviously sees you in a positive light but he probably just wants to let you know that he cares, while still being devoted to his girl.

I would certainly not over think them, just take them as affirmation that appreciates you and probably was hugely flattered when you told him how you feel. Meanwhile try your best to talk to others and leave him be. don't allow him to 'feed' you (I assume you mean physically, like a mother to baby bird?) again, that's too intimate for you emotionally at this point.

I've been there, I never told him how I felt, but having a guy friend with a gf, he 'fed' me one or twice too haha.. I would like to think that was a mutual crush but we both maintained distance and faded out.

• Author
LoverOfDance

Thanks, that was so helpful cause all I really want to do is get over him and move on with my life. I know I'll be fine with or without him. Thanks again:)