Friendzone

DontWorryBHappy

DontWorryBHappy

Does anyone else watch the show "Friendzone" on MTV? If you don't, go on MTV's website and hover over "shows" then click "Friendzone". In each episode they feature people who have had a crushes on their best friend.. sometimes for months, or other times for many years. And they've never revealed their feelings. It's both guys and girls who are in the "friendzone". They have their best friend be their "wingman" (or wingwoman) and help them get ready for a blind date, without knowing that the date is actually for them. Then at the last second the person reveals their true feelings to the best friend.

I just found it interesting how the end result could go in many different directions. Sometimes, when the best friend finds out their friend has feelings for them, they had the same feelings but never shared them, so they become a couple. I saw that probably up to 40% of the time (and this happened when it was a girl who was revealing her feelings or if it was a guy as well). But I will say, it does seem like a guy is more likely to be rejected when in the friendzone with a girl, than a girl is likely to be rejected. It's like, the women are rarely unsure. They either like the guy or see him as a sibling. But the men are more of a mixed bag. Probably 60% the best friend (whether male or female) just thought of them as a brother or sister and it didn't end well, and sometimes the friendship was ruined and other times not. And sometimes there were a few oddball situations. In one episode, the best friend (a guy) hadn't ever thought about the girl as anything more than a friend, but decided he was open to trying it out, and they became a couple. In another case, this girl freaked out when the guy said he had feelings for her and told him he was like a brother to her, but then 2 days later called him up and decided to give him a shot.... and now they're a couple. That was a rare situation though.

Anyway, I'm oddly addicted to it at the moment!

Edited by DontWorryBHappy
  • Like 1
Forever Learning

I will have to check that out! I love reality shows like that. Hadn't heard of it, thanks for mentioning it! And, great summary you provided! You have peaked my interest for sure! :D

• Author
DontWorryBHappy

No problem, I figured the show was pretty relevant to this forum, haha! I just discovered it a couple days ago after I ran out of "True Life" episodes to watch on MTV's website.. lol. No lie, I got addicted immediately and have watched probably 11 or 12 episodes of "Friendzone"... Will likely watch the rest that are available today because I have a stupid cold and nothing else to do. Let me know what ya think about it :)

• Like 1
Forever Learning

Reality shows are my thing, I know exactly what you mean. And, I'm glad you mentioned that you watch them on the MTV website - I used to do that with Bret Michaels Rock of Love on the VH1 website. My memory is so bad, I forgot that I used to do that! (kids will do that to you, LOL).

ANyhow, I love reality shows- even if they are staged, it's interesting to me, that people will get in front of a camera, forfeit their dignity, and do anything to make a buck. That seemed to be true on the Bret Michaels show.

And there are so many spectrums of truth and fiction on the other reality shows. The Real World, was another one I used to like, when it first came out. They sometimes run their course and become stale. But in the beginning stages, they can be some good stuff.

I also love Dr. Drew's Rehab show, both the drug and sex addiction shows. I learn alot, and alot of the withdrawals are real, in my opinion. People are so interesting.

This "Friend Zone" thing is fascinating. It blows my mind, that folks could be friends FOR YEARS, and BOTH of them were TOO SHY/SCARED to tell the other that they were hot for each other. Mindblowing. I am in my 40's now, and I realize life is short, and I am not going to beat around the bush with something like that. Back in high school, yes. College, maybe (I had grown braver by then, for sure). But past age 25? Nope. No friendzone stuff, I'm gonna tell someone if I like them (maybe there are exceptions, I'm sure there are, like a co-worker friend where it would put one's job in jeopardy). This is neat stuff, can't wait to watch. :D

somedude81

I'm only seen a few episodes.

In the episodes where it was a girl who had a crush on her male friend, he was significantly better looking than she was. Still I was a little surprised when the girls were turned down. Guess the V isn't as all powerful as I thought it was.