For women: I broke up with her because I was scared, should I try to get her back?

This question is for women, because I want to know if a women would even consider it.

Alright, so I had met a girl, that I really fell for quickly. I have been with women, and I thought I knew what love felt like. I actually met her through a different girl I was going to see, but from the moment I saw her, there just was a click. I wasn't going to go for it because in my head it was wrong, after all I was there to see her friend.

But I couldn't keep myself from trying and I went for it. Luckily the other girl was fine with it and were still friends. Anyways it went awesome for a couple weeks, just seeing her smile was awesome. I could get hit by a car at that moment and my feeling would not change. Long story short I loved her.

But I never felt that way before, and it was scary. Plus I caught her at a bad time, she was going in the navy within a month. This was eating away at me, I know she felt the same way to because she would cry when she talked about leaving, "I'm afraid I'm going to lose you," is what she would say.

I didn't say it so openly, but this was eating away at me too. All I could think about was her being gone surrounded by a bunch of men. So my bright idea was to end it before it got worse, so I did without hesitation. Then as soon as I got off the phone, I was like what the hell did I just do.

I lasted through the day, but the next morning I was pretty convinced I needed to fix this. but she wouldn't answer my calls or my text messages. I had to of come off as crazy, yes I know I was acting crazy. After I convinced myself I was acting crazy and this is over, I deleted her on Facebook.

After all I needed to get over it and seeing her when I logged in was not going to help. This was another crazy move because not even a hour after I did it she responded to my text messages. She had said she was out of town and her phone was dead with no charger, now I was the crazy man and I new it, I thought she was ignoring me. So I blew up her phone, I new when I was doing it, it was a bad idea, but I did it anyways.

But she pretty much chewed my *** out, but it was all bad she had a lot of good things to say. But ever sense then she said" now I'm going to really ignore you". We haven't spoken. I refrained from talking to her ever sense she really was ignoring me. But I though just give it some time, I tried to readd her on Facebook before she left. But she didn't except, but she also hadn't denied it. Which I though was a good thing, I thought just give her some time.

Meanwhile I though I will try to move on, but I can't seem to push forward. I get them, just seems boring in comparison so hard to move on. Now its a month and a half later, which I'm getting better. But she still crosses my mind, certain songs bring her up still in my mind. But it's not like it was then. But I'm thinking I shouldn't give up on that.

So I was thinking if she adds me again on Facebook later,when she gets out of boot camp, I will make a approach once again. Only if it will be worth my time? I think it was just a mass confusion of feelings I never really felt before. So I made a lot of dumb choices I know I wouldn't have done otherwise. But I know its not about how I feel, its about how she will feel about it. Is it worth the chance or do you all think that I should just let it go?

Honest opinions please, I know I acted foolishly so hit me in the nuts if you like. But would you as a women consider getting back with a guy after all this?

NeverDated

You didn't really do anything to her. You just acted like a loon. So, sure, go for it, but don't play games. Lay it all out, be totally honest and tell her what you wrote here - about acting crazy, why you did it, how you feel - and then see where it goes. No pressure on her, just let her know you had to get it off your chest.

At the very least you'll get some closure and won't wonder what could have been.

Parkthecar

Sounds like you're quite young.

God knows when I was young, I did the facebook stalking, obsessing, worrying over fidelity, psycho woman act, that can be part of the whole growing up process!!

Just be honest as the previosu posters said. Tell her what you think but respect her if she doesn't want to take things further.

• Like 1

You could tell her what you wrote here and she might give you a hearing.

But, you've already hurt her (imagine how it must have hurt?) and, in her position, I wouldn't make myself that vulnerable with you again - far too dangerous.

But, you never know, she's a different person to me.