"Science of sex" : Doccumentary shows that a mans car can make him more attractive.

Mrlonelyone

Mrlonelyone

A science channel documentary shows that women's appraisal of a man can change almost 180 based on signs of status. They tested is scientifically. The clothes and the job the man has can also make a difference. This was tested using psychologically rigorous techniques.

i.e. A man who was rated a 9 in a laboratory experiment where everyone was given identical clothes etc. When women were presented with a picture of him in average clothes with a $23,000 per year job... he became a 3.

While the lowest rated man in the laboratory given a $375,000 per year job as a software engineer he became a 10.

(Some cynical people will read this as a beautiful woman will marry the second guy but find an attractive male who could give them kids that credibly look like their husband, but better looking, to cheat with.)

See here.

The Science of Sex Appeal (Part 4) - YouTube

The Science of Sex Appeal (Part 5) - YouTube

Queue in the female apologists, that will soon bury this thread and pretend it never existed ... :laugh:

*Radu grabs popcorn

• Like 1
Queue in the female apologists, that will soon bury this thread and pretend it never existed ... :laugh:

*Radu grabs popcorn

Many of them view this sort of thing as an indictment whereas all it really is is smart selection based on survival strategies that are proven to work.

Many of them view this sort of thing as an indictment whereas all it really is is smart selection based on survival strategies that are proven to work.

Too early for good references to evolutionary psychology, wait till page 10 when nobody pays any attention.

• Like 1
  • Author
Mrlonelyone

This could be seen to be related to the thread I started earlier.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/325559-general-comment-how-social-status-seems-play-into-date-mate-choices

Though like so many studies the studies discussed in that documentary seem to assume that men don't care about the status of a woman at all. I do think men want to get a woman who will, at least, not drag them down and can pull her own weight to a great degree.

Though like so many studies the studies discussed in that documentary seem to assume that men don't care about the status of a woman at all. I do think men want to get a woman who will, at least, not drag them down and can pull her own weight to a great degree.

I just want someone hot, smart and interesting, I don't care about earning or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Author
Mrlonelyone

Check this out. This segment talks about the fact that women prefer one kind of man to marry and another to cheat with. (Not that all women cheat....but if they do...)

The Science of Sex Appeal (Part 7) - YouTube

Basically women's preference will change depending on weather they are ovulating or not. Preffering masculine (jerk) faces when they are fertile....yet attracted to more feminine (nice guy) faces all the rest of the time.

Further women also are more likely to go out and flirt, with strange men, when they are ovulating and fertile.

So I guess there is an element of truth to some of the PUA things we hear so much on here huh?

metalambience

no doubts, most nights the most attention i ever get from a girl is when they holler at me out of their cars as I drive home (i have a modified bmw with 22s and a '50s MG roadster convertible) ...so tempted to blow my job signing bonus on a gallardo but who sees your can when you're actually in a club or at a concert?

Interesting videos. Kind of depressing because though the men lined up in the first vid look pretty much like men in my dating pool, the women do not, would be deemed well above average in my local pool due simply to not being overweight. Average/thin women really stick out where I live, and they know it. I probably need to move. Any suggestions? :laugh:

I don't know about the accuracy of the hypothesis or 'tests' but I do know it's quite easy to fly below the radar living in the country and driving an old pickup or car around wearing coveralls or blue jeans and a t-shirt. I will sometimes play a bit, wearing something understated from one of my collections, just to see if the ladies can put the old car together with brand recognition. I did that tonight when going to dinner. I did get nice smile from a young African-American lady at the grocery store on the way home, where I had stopped to pick up baking supplies for mother's day tomorrow. She didn't see my car; it's likely far older than she and her son combined, as am I . ;)

Well, they didn't really need a study to figure out the "impress women with car" thing...

And I'm sure the same can be said about any symbol of wealth. Like house/apartment, brand label clothes, etc.

Not knocking the study. I'm all for objective proof. Just saying...

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure the opposite would NOT work with men judging women by association with cars. And that would have been a nice part of the study for comparison.

udolipixie

That's not surprising news to me as often in my expeirences gals change their perception of a man based on the car he drives attributing traits like dominant and powerful to the guy based on her view of the car.

In general society judges a guy's worth by his character though his character is defined by his wealth and status. Hence the perception of a guy based on characterisitics attributed to his material possesions.

To me it's the same as how generally a gal's worth is her youth/beauty thus younger age, hourglass body shape, specific facial features, and specific body parts can make a gal more attractive. Studies, surveys, and polls even show how on many guys who listed traits they want in a partner and relationship are willing to forego them based on how attractive the gal is. That in relationships and marriages guys tend to treat gals who are more attractive than them better than gals who are less or equally attractive. As well as studies have shown that a guy's mid life crisis is usually due not to his aging but his wife and how he shows tendencies in attracting a younger mate.

udolipixie
Check this out. This segment talks about the fact that women prefer one kind of man to marry and another to cheat with. (Not that all women cheat....but if they do...)

Basically women's preference will change depending on weather they are ovulating or not. Preffering masculine (jerk) faces when they are fertile....yet attracted to more feminine (nice guy) faces all the rest of the time.

So I guess there is an element of truth to some of the PUA things we hear so much on here huh?

Having a type to marry and another to cheat isn't exclusive to gals as there's even been a name for a similar generally male mindset- Madonna/Whore complex.

I'm not seeing where the study applied jerk to masculine faces & nice guy to feminine faces so I'm guessing that's your intrepretation of attributing character to facial structure. To me it's a bit reality bending to me .

Are the PUA things that have some element of truth bits like 'gals want jerks to have sex with & nice guys to take care of her and the jerk's babies' or 'gals want sex with jerks & relationships with nice guys'? Do these bits have an element of truth due to what what seems to me reality bending of applying jerk and nice guy based on facial features rather than character of said guy?

The truth in PUA to me is neurolinguistic programming and psychological manipulations such as negging (negative remark wrapped in a back-handed compliment). I've often taught such tactics and other psychological and sociological manipulations to gals to show examples of how they can weaken/break a guy's self-esteem and confidence to manipulate him.

The Science of Sex Appeal (Part 7) - YouTube

Further women also are more likely to go out and flirt, with strange men, when they are ovulating and fertile.

These guys are trying to prove Evolutionary Psychology step by step.

One thing you didn't notice is that after cheating, the natural reaction of the guy if he finds out is to have sex with her, to 'remove' the other man's sperm and plant his own. In a way it rewards this behaviour.

And also, if the nice guy doesn't find out, in a way the jerk is favored for reproduction over the nice guy by the woman at a subconscious level.

Granted, not all women do this, but some do go ahead when they receive this 'gentle push'.

I need someone who's physically attractive to me, an overall nice person, and can hold a conversation with me. A nice car and earning 6 figures will not make the guy attractive to me if he doesn't fit the above criterias. If nice cars and high income actually mattered, then I would have already tried to date some of my male friends.

Having a type to marry and another to cheat isn't exclusive to gals as there's even been a name for a similar generally male mindset- Madonna/Whore complex.

I'm not seeing where the study applied jerk to masculine faces & nice guy to feminine faces so I'm guessing that's your intrepretation of attributing character to facial structure. To me it's a bit reality bending to me .

Are the PUA things that have some element of truth bits like 'gals want jerks to have sex with & nice guys to take care of her and the jerk's babies' or 'gals want sex with jerks & relationships with nice guys'? Do these bits have an element of truth due to what what seems to me reality bending of applying jerk and nice guy based on facial features rather than character of said guy?

The truth in PUA to me is neurolinguistic programming and psychological manipulations such as negging (negative remark wrapped in a back-handed compliment). I've often taught such tactics and other psychological and sociological manipulations to gals to show examples of how they can weaken/break a guy's self-esteem and confidence to manipulate him.

PUA is not necesarily NLP and negging.

negging helps those that practice PUA that want ONS or want to break the girl group if they are solo. Which as a girl, you know how hard it is to break.

NLP is something completely different.

udolipixie
PUA is not necesarily NLP and negging.

negging helps those that practice PUA that want ONS or want to break the girl group if they are solo. Which as a girl, you know how hard it is to break.

NLP is something completely different.

I didn't state that PUA was automatically or necessarily NLP and negging. I stated the truth in PUA comes from such things and NLP and negging however are common factors I've seen in PUA with NLP often being used in set stories and negging being used in set breaking and cold approaches.

Egh from my experiences sets are only hard to break when the guy isn't attractive or initially wanted.

I didn't state that PUA was automatically or necessarily NLP and negging. I stated the truth in PUA comes from such things and NLP and negging however are common factors I've seen in PUA with NLP often being used in set stories and negging being used in set breaking and cold approaches.

Egh from my experiences sets are only hard to break when the guy isn't attractive or initially wanted.

Again, PUA does not come from NLP.

I don't know who told you this 'truth' but PUA comes from Ross Jeffries who wrote a book in the '70's which had some elements of very very basic NLP [in the storytelling part] but it was not inspired by NLP at all.

In fact NLP was not even NLP at the time, NLP at base is inspired on Erickson's work and it only became very popular after his death.

Ross Jeffries's book at the time was incredible but it's quite outdated now. His newest stuff though is heavy on NLP.

Negging in itself was made popular by Mystery who's PUA consisted on doing as many ONS as possible in clubs and who dressed very flamboyantly. He was also a street magician before, and because of his height, he was quite well received by women.

Sets are quite hard to break, but if you want to become good in ppl skills they are invaluable experience.

Mostly because the hottest girl is on a power trip, and she dictates things.

However i mean sets in the context of trying to do pickup in a disco/bar/club where they come with the BS up [i hope you know what i mean by BS].

Sets of 2 are quite manageable anywhere and you don't need this crap, but if it's a set of 3-4 and you are interested in one, it's gang mentality.

Even the ones that teach negging say to be very carefull with it, because if it hits it can have a devastating effect, and most of the guys that practice this and are not *******s do want to leave a good impression.

It is only used to bring a girl/woman down from her version of reality where she is a superstar princess who is perfect in every way.

On a personal level, i think it's mindgames and it's not if you want a serious relationship.

On a personal level, i'm trying to learn NLP.

Not only for a better relationship with gf/wife, but also because NLP had the greatest impact in the world of overall human relations.

Most companies that do sales nowadays use some basic form of NLP, in almost all of the departments.

Edited by Radu
I've often taught such tactics and other psychological and sociological manipulations to gals to show examples of how they can weaken/break a guy's self-esteem and confidence to manipulate him.

That's like claiming you have taught cats how to meow.

• Like 3
udolipixie
Again, PUA does not come from NLP.

I don't know who told you this 'truth' but PUA comes from Ross Jeffries who wrote a book in the '70's which had some elements of very very basic NLP [in the storytelling part] but it was not inspired by NLP at all.

In fact NLP was not even NLP at the time, NLP at base is inspired on Erickson's work and it only became very popular after his death.

Ross Jeffries's book at the time was incredible but it's quite outdated now. His newest stuff though is heavy on NLP.

Again I didn't state that PUA comes from NLP.

I stated NLP is common factor I see in PUA aka it's a common tactic used in PUA from my experience.

Do tell me where/when did I state, suggest, or imply NLP comes from PUA rather than state that I see NLP tactics in PUA?

No one told me any truth. The OP said PUA has an element of truth in relation to ovulation and attraction to the masculine (jerk) faces and feminine (nice guy) faces. I'm stating the truth I see in PUA are tactics such as negging and NLP as they are psychological manipulations.

Again I didn't state that PUA comes from NLP.

I stated NLP is common factor I see in PUA aka it's a common tactic used in PUA from my experience.

Do tell me where/when did I state, suggest, or imply NLP comes from PUA rather than state that I see NLP tactics in PUA?

No one told me any truth. The OP said PUA has an element of truth in relation to ovulation and attraction to the masculine (jerk) faces and feminine (nice guy) faces. I'm stating the truth I see in PUA are tactics such as negging and NLP as they are psychological manipulations.

You used them in a way that showed you didn't understand their roots, and you still don't understand the differences between them.

You see it all as a weapon, as a great threat to women everywhere, men are starting to learn how to play like us ... eeeegads !

Just like you don't understand the Madonna/Whore complex and what it is.

Madonna/Whore means that we can end up seeing the same woman in extremes, not that we separate women into Madonna's and Whores.

If that were to happen, all of the married girls wouldn't get laid ... EVER.

• Like 1
udolipixie
That's like claiming you have taught cats how to meow.

To you and others who may perceive manipulation as an innate female thing or something females are quick to grasp.

Not to the gals I taught nor the guys who observed as it was viewed as abnormal as many thought manipulations and PUA works solely or mainly on gals. That PUA tactics would have no to little effect on guys.

If you're implying that manipulation is a innate female thing rather than a people thing I'd like to see the response to sexual violence is an innate male thing gender generalizations and stereotypes tend to bite back when turned around.

You told the gals nothing, you taught them the surface stuff.

Most of the serious guys who do this either to get tons of ONS or to improve their one LTR do it in ways that can't be taught.

You can't vaccinate women against this, because women are already vaccinated against it.

Women became vaccinated against it when Mystery and Style made it popular and every dumb guy copied them.

If you want to go into the realm of sexual violence, men get raped too ... but that would go against your feminist teachings.

Men also become the victims of DV quite often too, without any support out there.

udolipixie
Sets are quite hard to break, but if you want to become good in ppl skills they are invaluable experience.

Mostly because the hottest girl is on a power trip, and she dictates things.

However i mean sets in the context of trying to do pickup in a disco/bar/club where they come with the BS up [i hope you know what i mean by BS].

Sets of 2 are quite manageable anywhere and you don't need this crap, but if it's a set of 3-4 and you are interested in one, it's gang mentality.

Even the ones that teach negging say to be very carefull with it, because if it hits it can have a devastating effect, and most of the guys that practice this and are not *******s do want to leave a good impression.

It is only used to bring a girl/woman down from her version of reality where she is a superstar princess who is perfect in every way.

On a personal level, i think it's mindgames and it's not if you want a serious relationship.

On a personal level, i'm trying to learn NLP.

Not only for a better relationship with gf/wife, but also because NLP had the greatest impact in the world of overall human relations.

Most companies that do sales nowadays use some basic form of NLP, in almost all of the departments.

To me sets tend to be hard to break because the people often have no reason to socialize with others as they already have options and often those options are people they know closely. So it comes to:

Stranger vs people I know

Taking time to get to know the stranger vs people I know

Likely unwanted stranger vs people I want

I know what BS means and to me it's a coined term for a gal's disinterest, dislike, and not wanting to socialize being resistance for what a guy desires positive reception.

Egh good impression or not likely the guys still want to use negative remarks and back handed compliments or questions to have the best chance of a gal doing as he wishes.

I haven't seen the majority of PUA media stating negging is only used to bring a gal with an unrealistic view of herself and arrogrant ego back to reality. I have seen many PUA media stating negging is an insult, hidden insult, back handed compliment, or negative remark wrapped in a compliment and it's used to knock a gal down, knock her down a peg or two, weaken her self-confidence, weaken her self-esteem to put her in a position to be receptive to you.

As for your use of NLP- better in what way? Better for you? Better for both as in you have a gf/wife and you know or have an idea of what she desires and NLP will achieve that?

If you're implying that manipulation is a innate female thing rather than a people thing I'd like to see the response to sexual violence is an innate male thing gender generalizations and stereotypes tend to bite back when turned around.

Post some twisted brag about teaching women to weaken or break men's self esteem and my meow comment is tame compared to what kind of response is warranted. No PUA tactics I've ever seen counsel treating people cruelly in an effort to "break them down," despite that the attraction game necessarily involves some degree of mild manipulation on both ends. I imagine there will be "stick and hole" observations upcoming. :laugh: