She Deleted Me From Facebook Right After Our First Date?

I met what seemed to be a really nice gal on a dating site. We seemed to hit it off well, and I asked her out for drinks. Several days later we meet for drinks, and had what I thought was a very fun date. We (at least I was) were enjoying ourselves, laughing, and having fun. The date ended on a positive note.

I came home this evening, and I am removed from her Facebook. She must have did it this evening after our date, because I was using Facebook this morning and was her friend.

Thoughts?

Disenchantedly Yours

Facebook is lame. No one cares about your vacation or if you just went to Home Depot. No one cares how good you are at Mafia wars or if you "like" saving puppies.

Other then that, I do not think Facebook pages should be exchanged until you got to know someone and are reguarly dating them.

I also think she is not interested in you anymore. Sorry buddy.

• Like 2
Million.to.1

What a rude bitch! - those are my thoughts.

That is a really passive aggressive way of saying "I'm not interested". This way she just avoids having to turn you down if you ask her out again. Immature and pathetic.

Best just to pretend you never noticed, and never get in touch again.

• Like 4

My thoughts are actions speak louder than words.. If she removed you from FB that should be a clear indication that she doesn't want a relationship with you..Would be nice she told you clearly that she's no interested but most chicks don't have the guts to be real and tell you straight up but do it in a cowardly way.. Guys also do this to and that's the weak chicken shLt way. I hate weak people that can't even voice their opinion face to face and have to do it behind a computer, text or via phone. It makes it easier though for those people because they can't just be straight up.

She's not into you and instead of being real and telling you she chose the weak way out of it.. I hate weak people that can't speak their mind in person.. If I were you I would be tempted to bust on her for being a weak person and not having the guts to tell you in person instead of the internet but in the end it's not going to matter.. Just cut your loss and move on..

• Like 1
sal110104

Have you talked to her? Is she blowing you off in real life? Facebook is lame like another poster said - the people that constantly update relationship status, ect...

• Like 1
  • Author

I just don't get it. I would have been totally cool with just being friends. I never mentioned anything about a relationship.

I will never talk to her again. I don't want anything to do with her. Also, this is my last and final straw at Internet dating. No good ever comes from it (at least for me).

I just don't get it. I would have been totally cool with just being friends. I never mentioned anything about a relationship.

I will never talk to her again. I don't want anything to do with her. Also, this is my last and final straw at Internet dating. No good ever comes from it (at least for me).

Well cool then, if you want nothing to do with her then just ignore it. I still have less respect for a guy or girl who cannot voice their opinion in person and have to use social media or txt, phone to tell someone.. It's become a real convenient to be a coward and voice your opinion. I still see those people as weak individuals that cannot say what the really want which is something I would respect from a female in a relationship type of environment.

*edit* I meant I would respect a female more for just telling me in person. Shows confidence and realism to me.

I met what seemed to be a really nice gal on a dating site. We seemed to hit it off well, and I asked her out for drinks. Several days later we meet for drinks, and had what I thought was a very fun date. We (at least I was) were enjoying ourselves, laughing, and having fun. The date ended on a positive note.

I came home this evening, and I am removed from her Facebook. She must have did it this evening after our date, because I was using Facebook this morning and was her friend.

Thoughts?

Most dates from online will not go past the 1st date unfortunately. Please don't ever add anyone on FB until you actually have met them.

PhillyDude

Thoughts?

First of all, you are not supposed to add anyone to your friends list on facebook that you meet on a dating site. Why did you do that???????

PhillyDude

See females tend to do things on dates called............."COMMON COURTESY"

LOL

So it may have seemed like she was interested she was just being courteous.

What a rude bitch! - those are my thoughts.

That is a really passive aggressive way of saying "I'm not interested". This way she just avoids having to turn you down if you ask her out again. Immature and pathetic.

Best just to pretend you never noticed, and never get in touch again.

Listen to the smart advice.

You dodged a bullet ... NEXT

I had this happen once. I thought it was pretty obvious what it meant. I appreciate it when a girl does have the courage to tell me when she's not interested, but I won't lose sleep over any that just disappear.

Suggest you move on and forget about her.

Mrlonelyone
Have you talked to her? Is she blowing you off in real life? Facebook is lame like another poster said - the people that constantly update relationship status, ect...

This is a good point. I'm just old enough to remember social life before facebook. People used to be able to feel that they were friends without needing to know what you had for breakfast this morning.

Anyway.

As others have told you it says that she is a weak and cowardly person who did not have the guts to say she's not interested any more. Could be any number of reasons. My money would be that she met another man in online dating and thinks he's better.

The worst thing is she was very positive then complete 180. From going out with you and having fun to cutting all contact within hours.

persevere

Some women on OLD are masters of deception. Their goal is a free meal or drinks. Then click on to the next guy. Either that or they are extremely picky, beyond the pale. Removing you from fb so quickly is something you'd think would be out of anger. She's got issues and/or is just plain rude. Nothing lost here.

PhillyDude
Some women on OLD are masters of deception. Their goal is a free meal or drinks. Then click on to the next guy. Either that or they are extremely picky, beyond the pale. Removing you from fb so quickly is something you'd think would be out of anger. She's got issues and/or is just plain rude. Nothing lost here.

I let girls know EARLY........"No dinner date" until after it's confirmed we have chemistry on the first meet and greet

• Like 1
USCGAviator

How did you not pick up that she wasn't interested that night?

PhillyDude
How did you not pick up that she wasn't interested that night?

Don't act like you don't know a woman can FAKE INTEREST during a date

• Like 2
Imajerk17

IF this woman indeed deleted you from FB as part of her disappearing act, then that is quite rude.

HOWEVER, FB is known to have had a bug or two. Why don't you pick up the phone and call her. Stop trying to read tea leaves.

PhillyDude
IF this woman indeed deleted you from FB as part of her disappearing act, then that is quite rude.

HOWEVER, FB is known to have had a bug or two. Why don't you pick up the phone and call her. Stop trying to read tea leaves.

If she deleted him from FB I would bet my rent for May she doesn't answer the phone when he calls

• Author

I decided to text her today after this discussion on the forum.

I got: "I thought it was no big deal, because you don't use Facebook much. Thanks for the drinks, it was fun but you just didn't "get me". Sorry if I offended you".

I texted her back: "It was rude and I didn't appreciate it. I would have been cool just being friends."

I deleted her number. I am done with her and Internet dating.

Mrlonelyone

Lets be honest. You dodged a bullet. Can you imagine a relationship with someone who is that flaky?

• Like 2
persevere
I decided to text her today after this discussion on the forum.

I got: "I thought it was no big deal, because you don't use Facebook much. Thanks for the drinks, it was fun but you just didn't "get me". Sorry if I offended you".

I texted her back: "It was rude and I didn't appreciate it. I would have been cool just being friends."

I deleted her number. I am done with her and Internet dating.

She told you that you didn't get her? Sounds like a really lame excuse. How would she know that? Typical OLD stuff though. Another "self righteous sabotage before there's a chance". touch and go, click to the next, on her part.

Sorry, but I think you're expecting too much from these OLD people. It's pretty typical that, once an initial meeting takes place, there is not enough chemistry/interest to have another date, and most women would not want to keep a guy she is rejecting as a dating partner as a friend on her fb. Women don't want or have an interest in making every guy she's gone on one date with where it didn't work out, to be kept as a continual friend. That would just be ackward and pointless to keep every man she's gone on a date with and rejected, as a friend she wants to continue to keep in contact with. Not likely to happen, but it shouldn't sour you on every female on OLD. It's just part of OLD, and all dating for that matter--no obligations after the date if the date doesn't work out.