Does not flirting with a girl who is interested in you kill your chances?

Ross MwcFan

Ross MwcFan

If a girl is interested in you and flirts with you, but you never flirt back, would this completely kill any chance with her? Would it put you into the friendzone for all eternity?

Oxy Moronovich

No, it won't.

If you're not interested in her then why would you flirt with her?

In any case, you could flirt with her and she flirt with you but then she flakes out on you when you ask for a date.

Philosoraptor
If a girl is interested in you and flirts with you, but you never flirt back, would this completely kill any chance with her? Would it put you into the friendzone for all eternity?

Na, if she's still flirting then she is still interested. Flirt back and see where it gets you.

• Like 1

There is no such thing as a friendzone for all eternity.

If you won the lotterty tomorrow, I'm sure at least one woman would remove you from the friendzone.

The only way to tell if a woman is interested for sure is if she tells you she is or tells someone else she is. Anything else is just in your head.

BTW, this happened to me last week. This really cute girl took a long look at me and smiled at me. What does that mean ... nothing. Anyway, she was WAY too young.

Just make a move anyway, regardless of the signals you THINK you are getting.

Courtesy of our own Somedude:

Originally Posted by somedude81 viewpost.gif

At the tail end of the shift.

Me: Damn you were crazy busy today

Her: Yeah (explanation for lots of work)

Me: Hey what are you doing after?

Her: Just going home

Me: Want to go get some dinner?

Her: No. You know I have a boyfriend righ?

Me: *Laugh* I didn't have a clue. You were just flirty when we talked.

Her: That's just how I am

Mission Complete

BTW: Did I mention how there are no available women?

• Author
Ross MwcFan
No, it won't.

If you're not interested in her then why would you flirt with her?

In any case, you could flirt with her and she flirt with you but then she flakes out on you when you ask for a date.

I've got no idea. But I'm not talking about not being interested in her. I guess I'm talking about not having enough guts/confidence to flirt with her, or not knowing how to flirt, or for flirting to just not come naturally to you at all.

She may lose interest if you don't show any interest back.

That doesn't mean friendzone forever, though. If at any time you turn up the heat and flirt with her, her interest might be reawakened.

• Author
Ross MwcFan
Courtesy of our own Somedude:

Originally Posted by somedude81 viewpost.gif

At the tail end of the shift.

Me: Damn you were crazy busy today

Her: Yeah (explanation for lots of work)

Me: Hey what are you doing after?

Her: Just going home

Me: Want to go get some dinner?

Her: No. You know I have a boyfriend righ?

Me: *Laugh* I didn't have a clue. You were just flirty when we talked.

Her: That's just how I am

Mission Complete

BTW: Did I mention how there are no available women?

Yeah I know. Just goes to show that even if a girl acts interested in you and flirts with you, there's a decent chance that she still isn't actually interested.

It's depressing. I don't know why the whole dating/romance thing has to be so hard and complicated. I'm surprised that humans didn't die out thousands of years ago.

@ Ross

Like you already figured out in ur post above just becos a girl flirts with you is not a guarantee that she's into you.

If you are into her keep flirting but don't put urself out there until she invests herself .

How many times have you heard ladies say "if a guy wants you , he'll make it happen" but guess what , that works BOTH WAYS!!! If a girl is really into you , she'll make it happen !

I'm not sayin' she needs to jump ur bones right off the bat but a woman who truly believes in an equal relationship will have no problems gettin off her ass and inviting you for a cup of coffee or sometin just to get some alone time with you.

However if you decide to bite the bullet and ask her out first then don't be needy about it just make it as casual as possible. Along the lines of " hey , I'm gonna get some coffee at ???? Wanna come? My treat."

Depending on her answer you will know where you stand with her. .

If a woman shows interest in you and you don't reciprocate this interest, yes, of course it will hurt your chances with her. A man has to give me something, some sign of interest, or what's the point?

There's no definite answer. She may get tired and move on, or she may see the person as a challenge and intensify her efforts. We'd need to know much more about the woman in question to give you a good answer.

I can only speak from my perspective Ross but if I'm flirting with you ad you do not reciprocate I will most likely think you are not available and discontinue my flirting. As far as the friendzone is concerned... well, if we are friends I would know whether you are available or not, so I would think you're just not into me and would probably distance myself from you until my ego healed!;) If we are just acquaintances.. there is no friendzone, and you will therefore always be a potential if we are both single and the attraction is there (even if you did reject me once).