Have been talking to a girl in facebook that I havent met in person. Next move?

Hi, I have started to chat with a girl I added on facebook a while ago. I have never seen her in person. I added this girl about a year ago but I didnt wanted to chat with her because she had a boyfriend, but the other day I saw that the two of the broke up so I decided to give this a shot and I started to talk to her. Even she doesnt know me in person she is always polite and friendly with me when we chat, do I ask her out next time i chat with her or what move should I do?

Oxy Moronovich

Yeah, you should find a way to meet her. I don't know if asking out on a real date via fb is cool. I don't do fb sh*t. So I don't have any advice. But you could just ask to meet her without a formal date.

whichwayisup
Hi, I have started to chat with a girl I added on facebook a while ago. I have never seen her in person. I added this girl about a year ago but I didnt wanted to chat with her because she had a boyfriend, but the other day I saw that the two of the broke up so I decided to give this a shot and I started to talk to her. Even she doesnt know me in person she is always polite and friendly with me when we chat, do I ask her out next time i chat with her or what move should I do?

The relationship *just* ended and you're wanting to make a move so quickly? You don't know the circumstances, no details. For all you know they had a fight and she changed her status. It's immature but people do that and then next thing you know the status changes back to in a relationship.

Just keep it simple and be friendly, keep conversation light unless she wants to talk about personal stuff and her break up.

How well do you know her?

Being polite on Facebook doesn't really mean anything. Unless you guys start chatting A LOT and you find out about her situation (without being nosey), I would leave it alone. Coming from experience, if a guy asks me out on Facebook, I'm always a little turned off because if I like him enough to WANT to go out with him, he will have my number and can call me to ask me out. It can be very creepy if a guy (or girl) approaches someone on Facebook and tries to create something out of nothing. Tread cautiously.

If you guys are good friends though or talk quite a bit then go for it. If there's not much communication, I would just leave it alone.

truth_seeker

Being polite on Facebook doesn't really mean anything. Unless you guys start chatting A LOT and you find out about her situation (without being nosey), I would leave it alone. Coming from experience, if a guy asks me out on Facebook, I'm always a little turned off because if I like him enough to WANT to go out with him, he will have my number and can call me to ask me out. It can be very creepy if a guy (or girl) approaches someone on Facebook and tries to create something out of nothing. Tread cautiously.

If you guys are good friends though or talk quite a bit then go for it. If there's not much communication, I would just leave it alone.

If she's someone you've only seen on Facebook I wouldn't do it. The odds are slim to none you will get a favorable response, that's if you get a response. If she is someone you're familiar with, and she will recognize you, then go for it. Just be clear why you chose Facebook to do this. Be honest. Don't try to make up some dumb excuse. If you can speak to her in person, then do it that way and avoid Facebook.

truth_seeker
Yeah, you should find a way to meet her. I don't know if asking out on a real date via fb is cool. I don't do fb sh*t. So I don't have any advice. But you could just ask to meet her without a formal date.

I agree. Try to meet in person first. If you can't meet in person, then if you're out of options, try Facebook.

• Like 1
  • Author

Well, she knows my cousin well, they went to the same school. The only way I can contact her is through facebook, so you suggest it would be a bad idea to ask her out through facebook?. what should i do?

truth_seeker
Well, she knows my cousin well, they went to the same school. The only way I can contact her is through facebook, so you suggest it would be a bad idea to ask her out through facebook?. what should i do?

If Facebook is the only way to contact her, then I suggest this:

Hi Jane,

I'm Joe, Jim's cousin. I don't mean to impose here on Facebook, but I wanted to connect with you and introduce myself. Jim's told me great things about you, and I would love to meet you sometime, chat, if you're available.

Joe

Doesn't have to be what I wrote above, but something simple on that idea.

• Author

So it would be better to ask her for her phone number and then call her and ask her out instead of doing it through facebook?

• Author

And well, yesterday I talked with her for about an hour and a half, she seemed interested in the things that I like to do, she is also very artistic like me. She is also very friendly with me. Maybe Ill ask her out next time we chat

truth_seeker
And well, yesterday I talked with her for about an hour and a half, she seemed interested in the things that I like to do, she is also very artistic like me. She is also very friendly with me. Maybe Ill ask her out next time we chat

Wait. What?

You talk to this girl and you haven't asked her out already?

truth_seeker
No, this is the third time I have talked to her in facebook.

Then what are you waiting for? Ask her for her phone number, call her up and ask her out! :D

DuchessKaye

I think you should take the conversations off of facebook as soon as possible.

You shoulda ask her out! What is stopping you from interacting with her face to face?

• Author

I havent asked her out yet because I have fear that she will reject my invitation because she broke up a month ago with her boyfriend, maybe she is emotionally unavailable, I was thinking in waiting a little more time but I dont know what to do, any tips? :)

Edited by rov

Dude, just ask her to meet sometime. Who cares if she rejects you? She's just some girl you've been chatting with online, it's not like you're close friends or anything.

• Author

But it would be better to ask her out through facebook or I was thinking in asking her cellphone number so I can call her and ask her out. Which option is better?

ScreamingTrees

What if the guy usually isn't around any females in his day to day routine? He doesn't have a lot of choices.

It can be creepy, if you're easily creeped out. They thought you were attractive and added you. Maybe it'd be creepy if you weren't attracted to the guy, but you'd probably feel differently if you were, it'd be welcomed.

mortensorchid

It's not a big deal, ask to meet her. All she can say is no or ignore your question. It's happened to me before. One night I was on Facebook, some guy who I had added sent me an IM and asked to meet me that night at some trendy bar. I had nothing to do that night, I said yes. And we got together that night, and I never heard from him again. Not a phone call, IM, nothing. He just unfriended me when I updated my status to "in a relationship with ___" about 7 months ago. World's full of lonely people I guess.

You have nothing to loose. Hope you work your nerve up to do to it and you update.

• Author

Yesterday I asked her for her cellphone and she gave it to me. I am thinking in calling her in a few days to avoid looking desperate, the question is: How do I ask her out?, do I tell her that if she wants to meet me for a coffee or go to a movie?, how do I invite her?. sorry for the question but I have little experience with females

• Author

I called her on Friday to invite her for a meal on Monday and she told me that she would call me back to confirm because she was busy because her sister gave birth on last thursday. she never called me back, what should I do?, try again in a few days?