Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned

Jane2011

Truth be known, I was just dying to start a thread with the title "Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned."

But since I've done so, what do you have to say about it?

Men, have you ever pissed a woman off so much that she got vindictive and Fatal Attraction on your ass? And did you kinda think you deserved it? Or do you feel that there's no excuse for crazy behavior even when deserved?

What would you do if a woman hit you?

Ladies, have you ever gone crazy on a man? Even just a little?

I have...once. "Crazy" is relative, though. I didn't do anything serious. It was all online. It was my online romance from 1999. After we had a falling out, I said some negative things about him to some people online (who were his friends). Just embarrassed him. I've not ever actually done anything like hit a guy or shown up at his house in a rage or called him on the phone breathing heavily.

• Like 1
dreamingoftigers

Anytime I've called an SO over the phone while breathing heavily, it's tended to go well. ;)

• Like 4

Meh...I feel the quote doesnt have much bearing to real life. Men have way harsher fury than women ever will.

Id say thats a good thing. We dont need women being as destructive as men are.

• Like 5
threebyfate

Had it happen to me in a platonic friendship with a woman. Because I didn't consider her my bff, just a close friend, she went plutonic on me. Holy freakiness! :laugh:

• Author
Had it happen to me in a platonic friendship with a woman. Because I didn't consider her my bff, just a close friend, she went plutonic on me. Holy freakiness! :laugh:

LOL, what exactly did she do? How old was she?

threebyfate
LOL, what exactly did she do? How old was she?
In her forties. Ran around with a major whisper campaign. Many she told things to, told me about them. Some believed her. End result, people will believe what they want to believe. Worked most excellently as a filter for who to trust and who not to. ;)
  • Like 1

I'm interested to hear what men would have to say about that

Edited by RachR
Truth be known, I was just dying to start a thread with the title "Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned."

But since I've done so, what do you have to say about it?

Men, have you ever pissed a woman off so much that she got vindictive and Fatal Attraction on your ass? And did you kinda think you deserved it? Or do you feel that there's no excuse for crazy behavior even when deserved?

So far there have been a couple of times where I got a woman so pissed off she refused to ever speak to me again. They were both, just friends, that I wanted to be more with.

I know I deserved it with one girl, but the other, no way at all and she never told me why she was mad. Sigh..

That depends on her reason for hitting me, what method used and how hard she did it.

I've been slapped twice, by the same girl but I was really teasing her and trying to get her mad and she slapped me as a joking punishment type thing. I definitely deserved it.

If a woman actually hit me out hard out of anger, I'm not really sure what I would do. Well the only thing I know I would actually do is try to restrain myself as much as I can. I have never yelled at or hit a woman and I rather keep it that way.

My XH will not settle our finances,give my lawyer relevant documents she requires and has stopped child support

I'm thinking of letting his tyres down!and putting something stinky in his beloved car

OK, first of all, being a stickler for accuracy, let's get this right:

Heav'n has no rage like love to hatred turn'd

Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn'd.

The saying is from the closing line of act III of William Congreve's The Mourning Bride, first produced in 1697.

right, with that out of the way.....

Men start wars out of a sense of entitlement and revenge.

Women start wars out of a sense of justice and outrage.

BUT:

If a man hits a woman, or abuses her cruelly, he deserves everything coming to him, legally speaking.

If a woman hits a man, or abuses him cruelly, she deserves everything coming to her, legally speaking.

Wanton cruelty, abuse or physical injury out of sheer spite is inexcusable, no matter what the provocation.

My ex shot out my windows when she found out I was getting married again.

wow, no wonder you have trust issues

• Like 1
OK, first of all, being a stickler for accuracy, let's get this right:

The saying is from the closing line of act III of William Congreve's The Mourning Bride, first produced in 1697.

right, with that out of the way.....

Men start wars out of a sense of entitlement and revenge.

Women start wars out of a sense of justice and outrage.

BUT:

If a man hits a woman, or abuses her cruelly, he deserves everything coming to him, legally speaking.

If a woman hits a man, or abuses him cruelly, she deserves everything coming to her, legally speaking.

Wanton cruelty, abuse or physical injury out of sheer spite is inexcusable, no matter what the provocation.

Not saying women are any worse than men but put them in power and they would start wars for the same exact reasons. It is already showing as women get more power they pick up the same bad traits as men. We really are not much different than each other. Also justice and outrage and entitlement and revenge are relative terms. Many brutal dictators think they are doing things out of sense of justice.

• Like 1
Not saying women are any worse than men but put them in power and they would start wars for the same exact reasons. It is already showing as women get more power they pick up the same bad traits as men. We really are not much different than each other. Also justice and outrage and entitlement and revenge are relative terms. Many brutal dictators think they are doing things out of sense of justice.

they don't need to be so-called 'brutal dictators"... look at Bush's sentiments against the perpetrators of 9/11...

talk about gung-ho....

they don't need to be so-called 'brutal dictators"... look at Bush's sentiments against the perpetrators of 9/11...

talk about gung-ho....

But according to his supporters he was about justice and outrage. I don't agree with it but it is who he and certain people saw it. These are all relative terms.

Forever Learning
My XH will not settle our finances,give my lawyer relevant documents she requires and has stopped child support

I'm thinking of letting his tyres down!and putting something stinky in his beloved car

Raw shrimp shoved down into the a/c vents, out of sight. Cheers!

• Like 1
SSexySSadie

I've never hit a man, I mean, there were times when that itsy bitsy voice inside of me urged me to, but I never have, personally I don't believe in raising my hand to another person, no matter what. I couldn't respect a man who hit a woman, so how could I in any way justify hitting him?

I have, however, got his car towed away from my driveway.....ooops! Hell hath no fury baby!!;)

Raw shrimp shoved down into the a/c vents, out of sight. Cheers!

A can of clams would pour quite nicely, plus they're juicy. :)

But according to his supporters he was about justice and outrage. I don't agree with it but it is who he and certain people saw it. These are all relative terms.

We now know that was a lie.. since when has O I L spelt "justiceandoutrage"...?

Truer words have never been spoken before. ;)

“I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary. The evil it does is permanent.” -Mahatma Ghandi

“If the numbers we see in domestic violence were applied to terrorism or gang violence, the entire country would be up in arms, and it would be the lead story on the news every night.”

– Rep. Mark Green

One in three women may suffer from abuse and violence in her lifetime. This is an appalling human rights violation, yet it remains one of the invisible and under-recognized pandemics of our time.” Violence against women is an appalling human rights violation. But it is not inevitable. We can put a stop to this.”

– Nicole Kidman

I'm bowing out now.

this has come too close for comfort....

We now know that was a lie.. since when has O I L spelt "justiceandoutrage"...?

We know it was a lie but many people don't see it that way. My point is that the reasons for starting wars is relative. A woman's crusade for justice might be seem as self serving to others and besides the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

• Author

I'm interested to hear what men would have to say about that

My ex used to say he'd leave a woman, no questions asked, if she ever hit him, no matter how long they'd been together. For him, it was more about that being proof that she's 'ghetto' more than even the wrongness of hitting a man. (At least that's the impression he gave when he talked about it. He was very big on whatever woman he's with being classy.) So he understood that a woman might have reason to be mad, even lots of reason to be mad, but her showing it in that way was ghetto behavior. Anything else she did, like yell or whine or complain, he could put up with, but no hitting.

I've never been mad enough at a guy, in any moment, to want to hit him. When extremely mad/angry, I've had thoughts when I wasn't around the guy which wished someone else would slap him or beat him silly, but I wouldn't do it myself.

prune juice

a coworker of mine with little experience with women finally got the nerve to ask one out. she angrily lectured him on how rude it was to ask out a woman with a boyfriend. he didn't know she had one and he blubbered that but she didn't believe him. he's a very honest guy that i've worked with for years. she called him some dirty words and he ran away, like a scared child to be honest. i feel for the guy.

• Author
a coworker of mine with little experience with women finally got the nerve to ask one out. she angrily lectured him on how rude it was to ask out a woman with a boyfriend. he didn't know she had one and he blubbered that but she didn't believe him. he's a very honest guy that i've worked with for years. she called him some dirty words and he ran away, like a scared child to be honest. i feel for the guy.

I feel for him, too. That was a major overreaction and bitch behavior on her part.