He asked me to spend the night after two weeks of dating

happiness0421

happiness0421

Hi All,

I've been seeing this guy for about 2 1/2 weeks. All seems to be going well. The first time we had sex, he asked me to spend the night. I was surprised but obliged - I have nothing against that.

The same thing happened last night - we started making out, he asks me to spend the night, we go upstairs and take care of business then fall asleep.

The weird thing is that he hasn't contacted me at all today (the day after the second sleepover). Can any guy explain this situation to me? Don't most guys wait a while until asking a girl to spend the night with them? And if he likes me so much, why hasn't he talked to me today? I can't read this dude...

Thanks!

Ninjainpajamas

It doesn't necessarily mean anything special just because he's suggested that you spend the night, that just implies he wants to have sex with you and stay the night over so he can just fall asleep or you can fool around more than once.

If he hasn't contacted you the day after or he's not consistent in his actions and communication from what your describing it appears this guy is already trying to set you up as a booty call, It doesn't sound like he's looking for anything serious...something more FWB. That's what his actions indicate to me from a mans point of view.

You're probably just going with the flow on everything, which is how women end up in that situation easily. Have you even asked him what he's looking for and what he wants? Or are you just being the little puppy that comes when he calls without thinking anything of it or questioning anything?

When I start dating someone, we always progress to sleepovers before we progress to sex. We usually start spending the night together after a few weeks of dating, and we usually start having sex after 3-6 months of dating. In my world, a sleepover doesn't automatically equal sex. The main reason for spending the night together is because we also plan to spend the next day together.

If I'm at his place, the guy will ask me to spend the night at first, but after awhile it's just assumed that I'll be sleeping over. If we're at my place, sometimes the guy will just plop into bed in his boxers (by that time, we're mostly naked anyway) and I'm like "OK, I guess he's sleeping over, lol."

• Like 1
Disenchantedly Yours

Stop sleeping with men so soon Ladies and you won't have these questions! Let a guy PROVE himself to you before you get yourself into these situations.

Arg.

• Like 6

I don't think it means anything whether they ask u to spend the night or not. Some guys expect you to spend the night if you have sex, others expect to take you home. Obviously the latter is FWB, but the former can still be too. If you want this FWB thing to turn into more, my advice would be to make an excuse next time as to why you can't stay over. Leave him wanting more, wishing you stayed the night.

eleanorhurting
Hi All,

I've been seeing this guy for about 2 1/2 weeks. All seems to be going well. The first time we had sex, he asked me to spend the night. I was surprised but obliged - I have nothing against that.

The same thing happened last night - we started making out, he asks me to spend the night, we go upstairs and take care of business then fall asleep.

The weird thing is that he hasn't contacted me at all today (the day after the second sleepover). Can any guy explain this situation to me? Don't most guys wait a while until asking a girl to spend the night with them? And if he likes me so much, why hasn't he talked to me today? I can't read this dude...

Thanks!

this was me. last summer. it did not end very well.

Oxy Moronovich
Stop sleeping with men so soon Ladies and you won't have these questions! Let a guy PROVE himself to you before you get yourself into these situations.

Arg.

OP, watch out before you take the advice from some LS members. Their lovelife is...well...nonexistent.

SSexySSadie
Hi All,

Thanks!

Maybe he's just busy. I don't claim to know what goes on in a mans mind the day after the night before...lol...but give him a chance, you can't judge him based on this alone. If you like him, just give it time.....if he likes you too he'll call.

Pssssst! woman to woman? Don't call him...lol

Disenchantedly Yours
OP, watch out before you take the advice from some LS members. Their lovelife is...well...nonexistent.

Yes, my lovelife is nonexistent right now. I am not the sex kitten hot girl most men want. And apprently I already got one foot in the grave. BUT I do know that women have so many problems with men and question where they stand because they sleep with them too soon.

My last girlfriend brought me back to her place, slept with me, and had me spend the night on our 3rd date. Too soon? NOT FOR ME! Apparently, not for her either. Our 4th date she spent night at my house. To each their own. Why hasn't he called the next day? Who knows, busy day?

• Like 2
Hi All,

Which bit surprised you? That you had sex so soon? or that he asked you to sleep in his bed? I don't see anything unusual about either.

As for him not contacting you today... would it hurt you to contact him? Really?

When sex becomes so easy for a guy from a "date" he may contact you based on his need for sex.

Whether he contacts you the next day depends on the emotional connect and how well you go together

Unfortunately for you, sex so early can demote you to those late night texts or the booty call arrangements.

Just contact him, if he doesn't respond then he's not that into you.

There's a difference between dating and just ****ing

Hi All,

Thanks!

I'm confused by this post. Is it unusual that you stay the night with someone you sleep with? It isn't for me, in fact I have never been in a situation where a guy expected me to leave afterwards.

why does he have to contact you every day? Why don't call him or text him if that's so important?

Sorry I'm not getting the reasons why you posted.

• Author
happiness0421

Hi there - Yes, we both knew where it was headed before we even went upstairs/he asked me to stay over. I guess I just find it odd that he hasn't contacted me since yesterday. Maybe he's just not that interested...yawn.

How was the sex? I catch you "yawning" which may mean the sex was boring. Was he a good lover? Did he make sure you came?

• Author
happiness0421

First time was great. Second time, ehh. We were both tired, so we just kind of did it and fell asleep. Maybe I'm boring him already!!

First time was great. Second time, ehh. We were both tired, so we just kind of did it and fell asleep. Maybe I'm boring him already!!

Bad sign. Has he called you yet?

The first time is supposed to be clumsy. The second session should be much hotter and sexier. You're more comfortable with each other, and you should be able to be much more daring and racy.:bunny:

Mme. Chaucer

I don't think that you can know right now if this "means" anything or not.

Sex being so-so the second time is not such a great sign, though.

PlumPrincess
When I start dating someone, we always progress to sleepovers before we progress to sex. We usually start spending the night together after a few weeks of dating, and we usually start having sex after 3-6 months of dating. In my world, a sleepover doesn't automatically equal sex. The main reason for spending the night together is because we also plan to spend the next day together.

How do you resist having sex if you sleep over and are so close? I think it's a good idea to wait, but temptation can be so strong and the best thing to avoid giving in is to stay away from it.

• Author
happiness0421

Maybe I'm naive, but will a guy actually stop talking to you if the sex is so-so and it's only the second time you've done it? Wouldn't they give you at least one more chance? Unless they're getting it somewhere else, that is!! :confused:

When sex becomes so easy for a guy from a "date" he may contact you based on his need for sex.

This is something I never really thought about until I read a woman's book about how to trap a man (I was in my twenties). Typical silly stuff except I've never seen this particular tip on how to keep a man faithful:

She said to find out the limits of his sex drive -- too much and too little. First, have sex everyday or several times a day, to the point where he just isn't interested. Then avoid sex as long as possible until he gets cranky. Something like that. Don't quite remember the details. She said that way if he goes away on a business trip for two weeks, for example, but you've learned that he needs sex at least once a week, you can make a surprise visit and screw him before he picks some tramp up in a bar. At least that is how I remember that chapter!

Maybe I'm naive, but will a guy actually stop talking to you if the sex is so-so and it's only the second time you've done it? Wouldn't they give you at least one more chance? Unless they're getting it somewhere else, that is!! :confused:

You were both tired, only an unreasonable person who liked you to begin with would judge you for that. If OTOH, you are an unwitting part of this dude's harem, all bets are off.

xpaperxcutx

If a guy likes you he will make it known and sex will still be enjoyed despite being tired. You'll even have sex in the. Morning.