What does it mean when a woman locks eyes with a guy?

Chicago_Guy

Chicago_Guy

There is a girl whom I see working out regularly at my health club for maybe the last 6-8 months or so. I think that she is very attractive - she is thin and has an exceptionally attractive face. The thing is that she is tall for a girl and might be maybe half an inch or a full inch taller than me. Normally I would assume that a taller girl would not be interested in me. However, I have seen this girl staring at my face so many times that I started to wonder whether she liked me or something.

She also usually looks away when she sees me notice that she is looking at me. However, a couple times recently she didn't look away and even locked eyes with me for maybe 15 seconds while I was in the middle of an exercise.

I started to think that maybe she thought I was cute or something so I actually tried talking to her another time recently when she sat down a few feet from me to stretch. I asked her something innocuous about how often she comes to the gym because I see her down there frequently when I am down there. Unfortunately, she was very cold and really did not seem to want to talk to me at all.

Can someone enlighten me as to why this girl would continually stare at me and even lock eyes with me and then be so cold when I eventually tried to talk to her? As a guy, I would only look at a girl that often if I found her attractive, but maybe some girls look at guys for other reasons.

Why not approach and ask her?

Seriously, what do you have to lose....?

"Instead of just looking at each other, would you like to go for a coffee?"

it's quite simple....

Cracker Jack

Well, he said she was very cold towards him, so I'm guessing a coffee date would likely fall on deaf ears.

I dunno, man. Based on what I read, it sounded like she was attracted to you, but there's no telling sometimes. Out of all of those times she stared at you, did she smile at you at least once? It's possible that she's shy.

well, your signature would appear to be a good recommendation, to my mind....

• Author
Chicago_Guy
Well, he said she was very cold towards him, so I'm guessing a coffee date would likely fall on deaf ears.

I dunno, man. Based on what I read, it sounded like she was attracted to you, but there's no telling sometimes. Out of all of those times she stared at you, did she smile at you at least once? It's possible that she's shy.

No smile and I don't think I have ever seen her smiling at anything else any of the many times I have seen her.

Actually I suppose it is possible that she could be shy. But if she were shy I would normally think she wouldn't be able to hold eye contact with a stranger.

• Like 1

She may have caught you looking at her too many times and finds this offputting. She keeps checking to see "is that guy ogling me again?" and a snowball of misinterpreted back and forth signals begins. Lots of women are very sensitive to being looked at in the gym, and that's why there are so many "ladies only" gyms out there. Just one possible explanation to explain her cold response to your approach.

Is it possible that she is just zoning out while staring at you? I've done this plenty of times at the gym. I can't ever recall locking eyes with someone but I can't say I never have. I'm zoned out!

She could be so into her workout that she is just focused on something. It doesn't mean anything. Especially if when you look back at her she has no reaction. I would think if she were interested and just shy she would at least smile or give some kind of indication of interest.

It means she wants your money.

Why not approach and ask her?

Seriously, what do you have to lose....?

"Instead of just looking at each other, would you like to go for a coffee?"

it's quite simple....

So simple that I bet you never even did that yourself.

Edited by musemaj11
  • Like 1

toothless transvestite that did not want you to hear his voice maybe...

seriously though, i'd move on, if they are interested let them throw a signal out otherwise just ignore imho. you tried, don't overthink it.

Honestly.

Absolutely nothing! :sick:

I don't even want to tell you what happened the last time I got this signal. Sufficient to say, it didn't go well.

I can tell as a female, I make an effort to lock eyes with a guuy for at least 5-10 seconds to show my interest

I call it the flirty eyes... though it often gets intercepted and I am like; NO, SHIZZAH