a co-worker

mancity14

First of, I would like to thank the community for such a great forum

so here is the situation: i started a new job on a very anti-social trading floor. met this girl at work, we got chatting and from our first convo she was like lets grab coffee sometime. I did take her up on her offer and we met for a quick coffee and enjoyed ourselves. We left it at that and a few casual chats at work.

In the past 2 weeks, she would pass by my table in the morning and ask me if I wanted something from the café. At first I accompanied her to café and chatted as we waited for our coffee but she would later just drop coffee at my table and say “looked like you needed it.” Fast forward and last week i moved to another department due to professional differences but didn’t inform her or any of my colleagues as I was not at liberty to discuss it. I dropped her mail saying we should meet for coffee on Monday.* When we met on Monday she lambasted me for not telling her that I was leaving the floor and baggered me for the full story “because she cared”. I dogged it because I didn’t wanna take about negativity and fall in the friend’s zone. There is nothing more women enjoy than solving the world’s problems but she sure as hell wasn’t gonna solve mine! She raved about how she hardly compliments people but she genuinely thought I was a fighter and would move on to better things.* I couldn’t help but feel that she was buttering me up to get info out of me. I changed the subject to her weekend and later took her digits and said I will call her to arrange something.

My question is this a lost cause cause I waited for too long or should I go ahead? If so, how should I approach such situations in the future? If not, what should my approach be now?

Yeah call her. What are you waiting for. Don't start worrying if you waited too long. You can always started a new thread if she rejects you. Stop over thinking it.