Sexual Tension?

Smithers

If you are flirting with a girl and have built some good sexual tension will the tension be broken by telling her, "I think you are very attractive"?

If so, how long should the sexual tension be built before acting?

Also, is it creepy to compliment that she is attractive, or has a beautiful smile?

Thanks!

Don't tell a woman she is attractive...show her that you think she is. Women like not knowing for sure what you think. Instead of telling her she's pretty just ask her to go out to get some food with you. Actions speak louder than words and attractive women hear that they are pretty all the time. Be the different guy that sticks out in her mind. Flirt, flirt, pull away, flirt, pull away, ask out. Lol its a dumb stupid game that some never master...hell im JUST getting into the swing of things and have a long way to go.

• Author

Well, it's ironic you say pull away.

Actually my last interaction with this girl involved me being subconsciously standoffish and her a little confused by my actions. I really didn't realize it until after the fact. But, as I was computing her response of "Well, OK then" as she slowly left, made me realize.

Not sure if I should pretend it didn't happen and continue flirting, or not. I think I might of gave the impression that I've given up.

ConfusedOne4

I don't think it hurts to try. I personally don't like getting the run around, but if you're still trying to feel things out with her to make sure if the feelings are mutual, I'd go for it. But don't take too long. Honestly, I'm in a similar situation with a crush of mine and I'm still trying to figure out what his deal is and why he wouldn't just ask me out already or if it's just a game for him. So, definitely don't let it look like a game.

Good Luck with that, though. :rolleyes:

If you are obviously flirting with a woman, she knows you find her attractive so you don't need to actually say it. To me that's as bad as asking permission to kiss her.

I have healthy self-esteem so I do not respond to the hot-cold-push-pull treatment. I'll assume he doesn't know what he wants or is only playing a game, which will turn me off.

If you are obviously flirting with a woman, she knows you find her attractive so you don't need to actually say it. To me that's as bad as asking permission to kiss her.

I have healthy self-esteem so I do not respond to the hot-cold-push-pull treatment. I'll assume he doesn't know what he wants or is only playing a game, which will turn me off.

That's odd, I am more obvious flirting with women I'm not really attracted to :confused: . I must have it backwards. Maybe I'm socially retarded

I'm not sure what you mean here by sexual tension but I assume you mean you want some acknowledgement of you as a potential sexual partner.

From my own experience of guys who've been interested in me - yes, it happens :) - they have to make their attraction known somehow. The best way is to ask me out. 'Friends' don't tend to do that, they just chat or ask if I'm going to something they are going to.

If he's a friend and I prefer things to stay that way, then I'll deflect and decline any date invitation but may accept a friends invitation if I'm pretty sure he's not going to misinterpret my friendship. If he's creepy, I'll avoid and decline any invitation or any time spent too near him. If I'm attracted to him, I'll probably say yes, though I'd be shy. I may have to decline if the date he offers is not possible for some reason (already busy), so he needs to offer various options from the start, if he doesn't want to reach a dead end at that point.

I am currently interested in a guy I've only known as an acquaintance before. He's quite reserved but chats occasionally when we meet and, in all honesty, I haven't shown interest in him before. There's no reason for him to think I'd be interested now. However, now I know we can chat occasionally and that he seems to be responding and taking the initiative in starting a conversation, things may have changed between us. I will only have some confidence that this is the case if:

- he makes any comment about the way I look or about him finding me attractive

- if he asks about my relationship status in any way, e.g. "are you seeing anyone?" or volunteers his relationship status to let me know clearly that he's available

- if he asks me out somewhere with just him, whether it's to his home or out to a gig or for a coffee or meal.

It's the fact of him making a special effort to get to know me and then persisting and risking that 'can we spend time together' question that will change the situation between us in an instant. Really, you can either continue with the tension or risk that change. She can only say no and if that's the case, you move on to another girl.