Can men develop feelings for their first too?

I was a then 19 year-old student (now I'm 28) and by the 3rd year of our relationship she broke it off.

Even though it's been a long while now, she still carries a special place. I can't never really forget her. In addition, sometimes we chat on facebook (she requested me and I added her, couldn't really say no).

I keep hearing this mainly happens in women and how it's hard for them to get over their their. But as a male, this is happening to me too.

I'm right now in another relationship but once in a while I still think of her. I feel like I'm the only man going through this. She was my first everything.

Oxy Moronovich

I'm a guy. I think about my first love occasionally. But I never pine over her. I've moved on.

• 2 weeks later...

My first will always hold a special place in my heart and I love her very much. I'm 31 now and we were 17 then. In the past 14 years we have kept in touch and hooked up every couple years or so. We still talk on the phone a couple times a month. This all despite the fact that we've lived in different states the past 12 years. Is this normal? Probably not. But you're not alone LOL

Ninjainpajamas

Doesn't necessarily have to be your first...

Sometimes I connect with a person very strongly, and it's profound even though it only lasted a very short time. And then there were other people in my life and relationships that I will likely never forget and have impacted me greatly, because we had been through so much together (typically 3 years plus relationships for me), so I think about them quite often, wonder how they're doing, hoping they're happy and doing well.

Some people impact me more than others, sometimes you have a "special" or heightened, unique connection with certain individuals.

But I tend to experience fairly deep emotional connections with the people I am with on a consistent basis, so for myself there is more than a few women I feel that way about.

So my "normal" is way off the charts, as it seems most people tend to just move on or jump on another horse and lock that person in the past, relationship after relationship...from what I've seen anyway.

Not of my first girl but I do often think a lot of one of the girls from my past. Hard not to think of the girl of your dreams :(

I've had that effect on two guys...one, I was in my longest relationship to date (almost 2 years), the other I dated on and off for roughly 9 months. I was the 'first' for both of them. I really broke their hearts...I still feel bad about it sometimes.

There are more, but not with me featuring as their first. My ex who cheated on me wanted me back, and my most recent relationship was by far the most serious for the guy I was with, compared to his prior relationships.

I was a then 19 year-old student (now I'm 28) and by the 3rd year of our relationship she broke it off.

Even though it's been a long while now, she still carries a special place. I can't never really forget her. In addition, sometimes we chat on facebook (she requested me and I added her, couldn't really say no).

I keep hearing this mainly happens in women and how it's hard for them to get over their their. But as a male, this is happening to me too.

I'm right now in another relationship but once in a while I still think of her. I feel like I'm the only man going through this. She was my first everything.

My first sexual partner was also my first love. I will always remember her and the things I learned from that relationship, but I dont ever miss her.

My second love I still think about even though we broke up 3 years ago. She was much more important to me.