Hot n' Cold girl. Playing it right?

monkey00

So I met this girl a couple weeks ago and since our first date she texts me non-stop daily. After our first date she texted me at 2am telling me thanks and that she had a great time. Although I couldn't get a kiss in, she gave me her cheek.

When we are out and about, we get along really well and have a lot to talk about, joke about, and make fun of each other...we also have a lot in common in terms of background, interests, and foods. There has been some times she's mentioned about having me come over to her place, wanting to meet my mom to teach her how to cook, and asking on what occasions I dress up (suit), and asking if I would dress up on her birthday...I usually wear a t-shirt when I see her. We even made nicknames for each other after 3 dates. And she calls me by it all the time.

So the first few dates all she gave me was either her cheek to kiss or a big hug and texting me the same night telling me she had a great time. So one night I decided to bite the bullet and kind of went out of my way to walk her back to her to her place, and she knew I expected a kiss and she gave me one.

Eventually the next day or two we are texting and talking about meeting up, and when I set the time and asked if it worked for her she never got back to me until the next day in the afternoon (which we agreed to hangout). She called me up as if she just woke up and was feeling really ****ty (some excuse about losing her phone on the cab and finding it back at 2am). We eventually do hangout that day and we go back to my place to watch a movie and make a meal and cuddle under a blanket. Near the end of the night I go for a kiss and I get her cheek again, well anyway I get a small make out session at some point..but it wasn't easy. And we kissed again when we parted.

The strangest thing was after that day she never texted me telling me she had a great time as she normally does. In fact when I texted her the next day asking her how her day's going, she never responded. I texted her again later that night telling her "I had a great time and to have safe trip back home (visiting her parents) for the week and to feel free to contact me anytime". So the next night, she texts me back saying "hey (nickname)"....I have no intention of responding until the morning.

I'm wondering why she went from being ultra hot to being cold all of a sudden, and now back to warm. I have a feeling she's kind of pulling back because the physical aspect is now there, and doesn't want to appear easy...so she's kind of playing hard to get. She is 21 by the way.

What do you guys think of this?

Near the end of the night I go for a kiss and I get her cheek again, well anyway I get a small make out session at some point..but it wasn't easy. And we kissed again when we parted.

Sounds like there is no sexual chemistry for her...

I wouldn't bother responding monkey. Time to fade, to see if she's willing to improve her game by contacting you a couple of times more. She'll know why you're not responding and if her behaviour doesn't fire back up to hot, no loss.

Don't let someone treat you like an option.

What do you guys think of this?

You sent about 20 texts too much...if you ask a question that requires an answer and she never responds, or eventually responds a day or two later and never even answers the question, she isn't getting a second text message from me...

There's interest and then there's common courtesy...and I see neither from her here...like tbf says, it's likely you're just an option here...and one that isn't very high on her list...

Agreed with previous poster. Pull back and let her come to you a lil' bit.

Disagree. Pull back and don't let her come to you. If you let her back in, she'll probably do it again. I personally hate these stupid f*ck-f*ck games that people play when it comes to dating, and I refuse to deal with it.

Disagree. Pull back and don't let her come to you. If you let her back in, she'll probably do it again. I personally hate these stupid f*ck-f*ck games that people play when it comes to dating, and I refuse to deal with it.
Don't completely disagree with you. But monkey obviously likes her quite a bit. There's no loss to him to wait and see what she does when he doesn't respond. Say she sends no follow-up messages. Then it's Sayonara Sunshine. Say she sends a few follow-up messages when he's not responding. What exactly is she saying? Apologizing and accepting culpability, being manipulative or being a bitch? Two out of the three should get this bang, bang dead. One out of the three could possibly reopen communications. Reopening communications doesn't have to mean a reconnection unless she displays a lot of consistent interest over time. She burps once, bye.
  • Author

Ok so she texted me this afternoon. Saying that she hopes I stay dry from the wet weather. I decided to respond this time, saying it's wet and wild outside.

Then she proceeded to apologize about not brig able to see me before she left to go back to her home state. And that if if I have time when she returns that she would love to catch up (I know she's weird saying catch up). So I'm guessing when I asked her how her day was going she must've thought I wanted to see her the day before she left... Which was why she never responded?

her texts seem pretty valid and she's rarely flakey with me. So I think I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Wouldn't you guys agree?

Accept her apology but be noncommittal about getting together when she gets back. Something like "oh sure. anyways, need to get going. have a good rest of your trip." This will keep you on her mind until she gets back. Let her contact you when she gets back. How soon she contacts you will indicate her interest level.