Going on first date in a long...long time...tips?

Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss

Man this is my first date..in like 3 years. Been laying very low these past 3 years.

My buddy who i work with set me up with her..said i would be perfect for her and she keeps asking about me..he is going with us for a few drinks one night to introduce us.

Of course i am going to be very very nervous...any tips to drop the nerves?

When I'm nervous and need to calm down I prefer nicotine (I don't usually smoke) or (if I don't need to be sharp) alcohol. Be sure to take gum after the cigs and drink only wodka if you don't want to smell like an alcoholic.

I'm dead serious about this btw

1. Drink two drinks max

2. Buy her drinks for her

3. Don't talk more than 40% of the time...ask her about herself

4. Compliment her...but not HER just yet. That's a great color on you, I like those boots, etc. Complimenting her eyes or something may come off as creepy

5. Don't wait some arbitrary amount of time before contacting her again. If you like each other, you don't need to play hard to get. Ask her out for another time on the first date, or text her that night to say you had a great time and you are glad you met her. Whatever feels natural to you.

6. Be yourself, only on your best behavior. Have fun!!

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Feelin Frisky

Don't drink or smoke to medicate yourself. I know you're "going out for drinks" but I argue with any advice to medicate yourself with drink or nicotine. The best thing you can do is embrace this as a test of your maturity. Don't obsess over your performance or potential for "dead air" time. Women respond to men of action who are comfortable with themselves and put her at ease. If you're sucking down Heinies hand over fist or w/e, you'll look like an insecure little dweeb. And nicotine and its delivery methods is barbaric and disgusting. Impress yourself with your confidence and she'll be at ease. That's an inside job that does not imply to act arrogant or cocky. Just keep your mind off of obsessing or projecting and think about leading conversation or even dancing rather than catching up. You can out-fox your own fears without drowning them or smoking them away.

Maybe it's old-fart disease, but I'm no longer nervous regarding dates. This indicates to me a healthy level of interest, rather than, for myself, the harbingers of pedestal-building. The lady is merely another human being who could become special over time and through experience.

TBH, if I felt any 'nerves', one light G&T (gin and tonic) would relax them away. I generally don't drink on dates since I have to drive and Cali is tough on BAC. So far, I haven't needed that drink for any social occasions involving such 'meetings', whether official dates or not.

Good luck :)

• Author
Brady_to_Moss

Is it weird that i hate the idea of being paired by one of my buddies?

Idk what it is..but i feel like if i went to a bar or a friends house..met a girl..then started something..i would feel more comfortable than i do now

Is it weird that i hate the idea of being paired by one of my buddies?

Idk what it is..but i feel like if i went to a bar or a friends house..met a girl..then started something..i would feel more comfortable than i do now

Blind dates are a bit nerve wrecking but hey what have you got to lose? You might like her! :)