V-day gifts for Men.

DerangedAngel

DerangedAngel

I need some ideas on gifts for guys for Valentine's Day. I've always had a hard time with this, to the point that I usually just don't get the guys I date anything for V-day. Especially if its not really that serious. I'm just clueless, basically, about anything I could buy/do for my boyfriend (of a little over a year) that wouldn't be like "gag me with a spoon"-mushy... or "how romantic is this?"-practical.

Help me!

-Deranged :love:

I usually use Vday as an excuse to spend spend spend at Victoria's Secret LOL That way we both get something :D

i agree buy him a G-string... ithink i will do something along those lines, maybe the pinochio undies, the nose grows!

see errol's list in another thread somewhere, it's excellent! and funny.

I've found that most men really aren't too much into 'Valentine's Day'. They buy cards, flower, candies and undies for the female in their life...cause it's EXPECTED of them. I would surmise....the only thing they want in return...is a night of sex. ....maybe wear something red...... ;)

I can only speak for myself here on past experience, but....

i never had a problem with the mushy kind of gifts. I have previously received:

A rare LP she knew I had been trying to get for months.

A Concert Ticket

A Card

Always accompanied by a poem she wrote for me.

I've not listened to the LP more than five times, the concert ticket is useless after one use, the card was eventually binned, but the poems and the thoughts epxressed in them.....priceless.

I don't think the value of a gift is it's over-riding concern. It should be about thoughts, feelings, expressing appreciation, thanks and love for our other halves.

What says that more than something simple and from the heart.

maybe it's just me, but i was always a sucker for damn good home-cooked meal and a back-rub.

My 'perfect' vday gift. (a guys perspective)

Arrive home to warm fire, music and smell of dinner cooking

A little wine, and a nice light romantic candle light dinner

I clean up while my girl goes to change

Any kind of sexy type garment - teddy, baby t, thong, ANYTHING!

Soft kisses and fun

I'd give my left nut for something like that...

Do what wideawake said, but when you get him into the bedroom, have a wrapped present for him in there... here are some ideas depending on what kind of guy he is:

A football, a nice chess set, a couple CDs and a book, a bottle of wine, a bottle of champagne, a photo of the two of you, poker chips, airline tickets to a romantic spot, white water rafting tickets... hope this helps.

Valentine's Day is a GIRL'S "HOLIDAY."

If you want to do something romantic, go for it, but I don't think you need to get your guy a gift for V-Day.

Originally posted by DonTomaso

Are you a man...man?

Yeah bro, I'm a guy...no worries, I was just cracking a joke above.

WA

Originally posted by clia

Valentine's Day is a GIRL'S "HOLIDAY."

If you want to do something romantic, go for it, but I don't think you need to get your guy a gift for V-Day.

I think that's a crappy attitude. Actually, my feelings is that V day is a Hallmark Holiday, they're the ones that started the whole drarn thing back in the 20s to increase card sales.

As it is, at least it could be a 'love' or 'couples' type holiday, but excluding any thought for the guy in your life is pretty weak in my opinion (as a guy...)

my bf loves to make pizza at least once if not twice a week, so i was thinking a pizza stone.

I don't know what day it falls on this year but I made heart shaped pancakes with blueberries in them and had breakfast in bed with him. You can come up with the rest.