kinda hung up on getting back with ex but kinda interested in someone else too

gsly

after about a 1 1/2 months of dating then getting dumped,and 5 months of not really talking to each other we started talking again on christmas night, since then we've both admitted we that our actions were a little outta control and that we still miss each other. I recently hooked one of my buddies up with her roomate, we still have yet to go on a double date, let alone me seeing my ex. Her and I both want to work things out and work on getting back in a relationship, but both of us are really busy, and im fine with that for now.

But here's my dilema. this past friday i was reading on of my friends facebook profile (she lives about a hour away) and seen she broke up with her boyfriend. I originally met her on plenty of fish, and we talked for a while but she ended up with other guy and we just stayed friends, never met her really, but her personality is def. opposite of my ex's. In a few weeks im leaving outta town(which the town im staying in is about 15 from her town). I sent her a txt the other night saying i'll be by her for a few weeks maybe we should get a couple drinks. She agree'd and she said she would love to grab a few drinks and hang out :)<--im not sure if the smiley face means anything when a girl texts it. so, im still kinda interested in working on getting back with my ex, but im kinda interested in meeting this new girl. should i make conversation with the new girl or just not txt her?

Yeah you should see the FB/POF girl and see what happens.

You and the ex are "working on your relationship" but have yet to see each other? :confused: I'd let that one go.

after about a 1 1/2 months of dating then getting dumped,and 5 months of not really talking to each other we started talking again on christmas night, since then we've both admitted we that our actions were a little outta control and that we still miss each other. I recently hooked one of my buddies up with her roomate, we still have yet to go on a double date, let alone me seeing my ex. Her and I both want to work things out and work on getting back in a relationship, but both of us are really busy, and im fine with that for now.

But here's my dilema. this past friday i was reading on of my friends facebook profile (she lives about a hour away) and seen she broke up with her boyfriend. I originally met her on plenty of fish, and we talked for a while but she ended up with other guy and we just stayed friends, never met her really, but her personality is def. opposite of my ex's. In a few weeks im leaving outta town(which the town im staying in is about 15 from her town). I sent her a txt the other night saying i'll be by her for a few weeks maybe we should get a couple drinks. She agree'd and she said she would love to grab a few drinks and hang out :)<--im not sure if the smiley face means anything when a girl texts it. so, im still kinda interested in working on getting back with my ex, but im kinda interested in meeting this new girl. should i make conversation with the new girl or just not txt her?

The new girl sounds interested in you. Go for it. See what comes of it. You may really like her. Forget about your ex for now. She's an ex for a reason, am I right? Maybe it's time to move on and see what else is out there.

• Author
Yeah you should see the FB/POF girl and see what happens.

You and the ex are "working on your relationship" but have yet to see each other? :confused: I'd let that one go.

the fact that she works 50 hours overnights and full time college and me working full time is the reason im being patient..

• Author
The new girl sounds interested in you. Go for it. See what comes of it. You may really like her. Forget about your ex for now. She's an ex for a reason, am I right? Maybe it's time to move on and see what else is out there.

one of the downfalls to me is when i txt a girl i feel like sometimes i txt her to much(if that makes sense) like i dont know when a good time to txt them with out thinking im clingy or anything like that