Awkward! my best friends wants to talk about her new boyfriend constantly

9Lives

PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF THIS COMES ACROSS AS DUMB AND ELEMENTARY...

Im happy for her but that is all she wants to talk about. I always say things like...

that is nice

that is sweet

that is good

happy for you

That is about all I say. Like she will tell me something he said to her that is very sweet okay. I will say , that is nice. THEN she pauses for a while waiting for me to say something else. I mean....what else should I say for real?

Im happy for her but Im not going to go on and on about it. I think she is EXPECTING a bigger response out of me and I really dont have much more to say. Im just listening. Personally I think she is bragging about how wonderful he is and Im not into that kind of thing. She can talk about him all day but Im not going to get into a deep conversation about it. It is just awkward!!

What do you guys think?

I think she might be a little insecure in the relationship with her boyfriend. I've been that girl before when I was younger and didn't know how to handle that stuff. When you are talking him up to your friends you are actually trying to convince yourself how great he is. Their relationship probably isn't as great as she is making it out to be.

• Author

Well they are just getting started so it is all new and fresh. I understand all that. It is just weird when a woman wants to brag about how wonderful her man is to you. I hope im not being mean. I dont mind hearing about it but the way she does it makes me have to ask like what do you want me to say. lol I guess it is the pause that concern me. Im happy for you but Im not going to gloat over it. I dont want to become jealous or envious so I just say good for you and let it go.

I think she might be a little insecure in the relationship with her boyfriend. I've been that girl before when I was younger and didn't know how to handle that stuff. When you are talking him up to your friends you are actually trying to convince yourself how great he is. Their relationship probably isn't as great as she is making it out to be.

I don't know if its insecurity? Its her inexperience in Love that she needs to talk about it constantly. If your in love for the first time, you want to talk about it right? Some people talk about it more than others?

I used to have a female friend that would do this to me all the time.

She even went so far as to tell me details about their sex life. I had to put a stop to that.

To top it off she was multidating several guys at once. And if one of them hurt her she would call me up and use me as an emotional tampon. That's what I got for being a low grade friendzoned beta male LOL. Served me right. She was still a good friend though and I enjoyed her company.

Thankfully I grew a pair and separated myself from her and her drama. There was really nothing there that benefited me so the friendship was way to one sided. I did have my pride after all, not to mention a new girlfriend who helped me find my manhood again. Divorce, betrayal and years of being emasulated by my X really did turn me into a shell of a man. Thankfully I have outgrown that.

It's nice to have a female friend because it lets you get a female perspetive on things. This helped me greatly once I started dating. Just be warned that sometimes having a female friend can backfire on you once you meet the right girl.

• Author

PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE....I am a WOMAN!!! there it is!!! lol

I been a woman coming out the womb. I will be a woman when they put me in the grave. I am a woman.

OK you are a woman. We wont hold that against you LOL.

But regardless, AFAIAC our postings are still relavent on one level or another.

Even if I had been in your shoes (female friend) I would still have been uncomfortable as you are now. Sex has nothing to do with it really.

• Author
sounds to me like you have feelings for her. otherwise you wouldn't have created this thread. just MO. be true to yourself ;)

I am a woman and I am only attracted to men. She is a good friend.