would you feel used if you were in this situation?

Gypsie

My ex boyfriend was living with his Mum last year. Also had a job his hated.

I come along. We meet. He tells me he loves me after 2 weeks, he moves into my place after 3 months. We move to Sydney in 7 months.

He gets a new job in Sydney (I already had a job there) but it is a Traineeship and he gets small wage. I support him in this telling him to go for it and I am the one supporting both of us financially. He was only like giving me $150 a fortnight towards **** that was it! While I paid for everything including food for us. That just covered groceries, $30 of that ended up going to rent. Ridiculous! This helped me improve my budgeting skills at least. :rolleyes:.

He ends up quitting his Traineeship and going back to what he did before. Cutting hair. He was getting full wage but still was not splitting money with me down the middle. I was still paying more.

Five months later we split up. Two months after he gets full wage and all that ****.

It has almost been a year now. Saw on Facebook he looks like he has his own shop now. In a different Shopping Centre. Married someone else 7 months after we split up.

While I am in the same position I was in before I even met him. Plus still single. Surprising I have more money living alone then I ever did living with him.

Feel really used when I see how good my ex has it now. Cause of all the support I gave him. No thank you and I got treated like the worst person in the world after our break up when all we had were a few disagreements and normal couple fights. Some over hypocritical stuff as well his done to me himself!

He was living with his Mum before he met me and now lives in the City, with his new wife. Just months after being with me. Apparently making a decent amount of money as well. Saw he is now able to afford to look after a Cat as well. Living in the City. WTF?!! Saw that when he had his Facebook page open one time. Have stopped looking at it now but.

Would you feel that way as well? :mad:.

Edited by Gypsie

It would depend on why you split up. People go through different financial stages in life, they have to start somewhere. It sounds like his going back to cutting hair was a good move anyway as he is earning decent amount of money now. He should have given you more money when he could but I don't know what the arrangement was exactly. Maybe you were too accommodating.

Why did you split up?

Reminds me of an episode of Judge Judy, or ... EVERY episode of Judge Judy that is.

Whatever you give another person when you're a couple is part of being in a couple.

Rule in favor of the defendant...

Sorry Gypsie,

I can understand that you feel a little used, but at the end of the day, you were the one that allowed for that situation to happen, if you didn't want to support him, you could have thrown him out.

But you were trying to be a good gf, and he ended up being a user.

Why did you guys break up?

Also, as for the new wife, maybe she's a sugar momma and she's the one that paid for his shop. If he's such a user, it wouldn't be so far fetched.

Concentrate on you, learn from your part in all this and move on.

Good luck :)