What is the ratio of single men to single women in your area?

Lobouspo

I'm curious about this. I cannot seem to get a straight answer about what this ratio is in the United States. It seems if online dating sites have way more men, is that indicative of what this ratio gap may be?

Within a ten mile radius of me, using the most popular dating site, match, there are, regardless of photo, age or any other criteria, 54 men and 40 women listed. So 54/40 = 1.35 men for every woman. In my age group, 45-55, there are 10 men and 6 women, so 10/6 = 1.67 men for every woman.

It's been awhile since I've seen a possible single woman within 10-15 years of my own age around here. There are a few widows in their 60's I've met. Most folks around here, in my age group anyway, get married as opposed to BF/GF/cohabit, so wear wedding rings. That's my sign.

Of all the men and women I know personally and would ever personally associate with, the ratio of single date-worthy men (employed, not otherwise committed to someone else, not hideous or socially inept) to single date-worthy women in my metropolitan area is about 1:4 or 1:5. The single women grossly out number the single men.

Hey, that Cinci map gave me an idea and I did some drilling at the US Census Bureau.

It appears I'm one of 347 men age 50-54 compared to 340 women of the same age.

There are 3692 total households, out of which 2248 are reporting to be husband-wife families. 310 households report an unmarried domestic partner.

Here's an interesting number - there are 209 male householders with no wife present and 615 female householders with no husband present. Hmm.... 2.94 to 1 female to male in that demographic.

Anyway, interesting stuff....

Edited by carhill
fixed 'wife'
Oxy Moronovich

Dating sites in the U.S. are skewered because there are more men who sign up. That's all.

For some reason, where ever I go there seems to be a bunch more single men than women. And it's not unusual at all to see a bunch of guys vying for the one single girls attention.

It doesn't make any sense.

Hey, that Cinci map gave me an idea and I did some drilling at the US Census Bureau.

It appears I'm one of 347 men age 50-54 compared to 340 women of the same age.

There are 3692 total households, out of which 2248 are reporting to be husband-wife families. 310 households report an unmarried domestic partner.

Here's an interesting number - there are 209 male householders with no wife present and 615 female householders with no husband present. Hmm.... 2.94 to 1 female to male in that demographic.

Anyway, interesting stuff....

Is your definition of single limited to married vs. not-married? Mine isn't.