Anyone else think the dating world is brutal??

captured_butterfly

captured_butterfly

I came out of a 7yr relationship 8 months ago and im struggling with this whole dating scene!

First of all i feel soooo old at 25yrs to be single and it doesnt help that everyone keeps telling me that i'll find it nearly impossible to find someone without kids :-( I also just cannot handle the rejection of guys taking my number and not calling or txting :-( In the pat 3 months theres only be three guys and not one of them asked me on a date so i guess what am i doing wrong :-(

1st guy met in a bank a few months ago and a few weeks ago he txted out the blue asking how i was and stuff and how the single life was. We txted back and forth for a few days but nothing came of it, i think he thought i wasnt intrested cos i sed i was enjoying the sinlge life (which i was at the time) I also found my self txting him first on more than one occasion which shows he wasnt intersted!

2nd guy met in a club got on really well danced and kissed, he took my number and txt me the next day, i wasnt sure about him so i left it a few days before i txt back but never heard anything agen!

3rd guy i met last week and the one i really liked! Met new years eve danced all night, he friends kept telling me he was really shy but was really intrested in me and stuff! He came back to mine (cos everyone was invited back for drinks) nothing happened, he did sleep in my bed but we just hugged all night, he took my number and txt later that day but then didnt hear anything more off him! I txt him first a few days later and we txted all day and yet agen ive heard nothing off him at all!

I just finding the whole thing so demoralising and soul destroying that non of these guys like me enough to take me out :-( Seriously what is wrong with me :-( The 3rd guy i really liked but think he was way out my league im not pretty in the slightest and on his facebook he has lots of pretty looking girls that i just cant match up to so i guess thats why he never txt me bak :-( He probably woke up in the morning and thought 'my god what a monster' :-(

Just sort of find it humiliating that i think ive found a nice guy and then i never see him agen :-(

Sorry to ramble guys but im feeling reallllly low and down tonite :-(

First of all i feel soooo old at 25yrs to be single and it doesnt help that everyone keeps telling me that i'll find it nearly impossible to find someone without kids :-(

LOL. I stopped reading after this line...

HughHardcastle

Damn, if it's over for HER at 25, I guess I am royally screwed at 27.

2nd guy: You should have texted him sooner. After a couple days pass, I bet he just assumed you were never really interested.

3rd guy: Here's a thought: CALL HIM. Get him on the phone, talk to him, and set up a legit date.

I hope you don't look old at 25 haha. I'm a 27 year old guy with no kids that I know of! If you're hot you might have a shot... might

HughHardcastle
I hope you don't look old at 25 haha. I'm a 27 year old guy with no kids that I know of! If you're hot you might have a shot... might

Even if she's not "Hot", she still has a shot. 25 years old is nothing.

You texted the last guy all day? I agree with the above, call! He probably finds constant texting annoying and doesn't want to start a conversation that will last all day when a simple phone call will do the same in 10 minutes!

Honestly what would this make me at 22? :confused:

You're inexperienced OP.

You're playing games without realizing it.

Here are a few things to keep in mind

- keep texting to a minimum unless the guy is really obsessed with texting, has limited minutes, or he replies within 5 minutes for every text.

- never, ever go back to a guy's place or invite them over the first night. BOOTY CALL!

- keep your pants on until the third date ( but even this is not a gaurantee.

You're going to need to do a lot of weeding before you can finally start getting results.

• Author
captured_butterfly

Thanx for finding the time to reply guys!

Just want to make a few points, i guess i feel old and like im going to be single forever because my self esteem took a battering after my last relationship and old insecurities come out every so often!

xpaperxcutx - It wasnt txting every 5mins all day it was sort of every few hours whilst at work, in lunchbreaks and so on, i know it sounds bad that the guy came back to my house but it wasnt a booty call or anything, nothing happened like i said! People just came back for drinks and stayed over! And im not the type of girl that drops her pants at the drop of a hat, that was always out the question!

I dunno maybe you think im niave and maybe your right, but i think im just a nice girl with insecurities trying to get to grips with dating and finding it difficult! :-(