I'm not her type?

Alright guys, maybe you can clear some stuff up for me about not being a girl's type. Now, she's a young girl (Still in High School) so even if I'm not necessarily her "type", I hear that that kind of thing changes with maturity and as a girl gets older. Is that true? Do girl's "types" change all the time? She's shown interest in me before, but then suddenly it just stops. (maybe because she's back with her first love at the moment) So that's why I feel like I could still have a shot in the future. Am I wasting my time? Should I just kinda forget about her for awhile and come back to her when she matures? I just want to know other opinions about the situation.

Yes, it changes with time. She's in high school - she is used to a small circle of people and when she goes out into the world, meets others, dates around, gets burned, enjoys life, grows, matures, whatever, then she will most likely have a new "type" (which depending on age will translate to marriage material/potential father material).

How old are you? I assume around the same age. Your type will change too :o ("type" at your age being focused mostly an looks rather than life partner criteria). That's just part of growing up, no matter the gender.

A shot in the future? Maybe. But don't hold your breath. Just go have fun with girls who are your "type" right now.

Alright guys, maybe you can clear some stuff up for me about not being a girl's type. Now, she's a young girl (Still in High School) so even if I'm not necessarily her "type", I hear that that kind of thing changes with maturity and as a girl gets older. Is that true? Do girl's "types" change all the time? She's shown interest in me before, but then suddenly it just stops. (maybe because she's back with her first love at the moment) So that's why I feel like I could still have a shot in the future. Am I wasting my time? Should I just kinda forget about her for awhile and come back to her when she matures? I just want to know other opinions about the situation.

If she's told you that you're not her type, then you need to believe that, and not waste your time trying to change her mind or prove to her that you are her type. Time to move on with someone you have a chance with, and not be waiting around for someone who has made a very obvious rejection.

• Author

Alright. That's all I really wanted to know. I'm not dwelling on it or anything. I was just curious what the whole "type" thing is all about. It was just weird because she's shown great interest in me before, and told me she'd like to fall madly in love with me in the future. Then once this ex comes around, everything changes. Btw, she's 17, I'm 18.

Alright. That's all I really wanted to know. I'm not dwelling on it or anything. I was just curious what the whole "type" thing is all about. It was just weird because she's shown great interest in me before, and told me she'd like to fall madly in love with me in the future. Then once this ex comes around, everything changes. Btw, she's 17, I'm 18.

That's a bizzare comment from her (that she'd like to fall madly in love with you in the future). WTH? :confused: That's quite a set of mixed messages you're getting there--she tells you that you are not her type, and then says she'd like to fall in love with you in the future. In any case, she's turned you down for her X. Don't allow yourself to be a rebound guy or a second in line guy. Don't wait around for this rather flakey girl. Find a normal girl that thinks you are her type.

If high school is a hamlet, college would be a city with more diverse and prettier girls. Just wait for college.

My type has never changed. The core values and attributes that attract me are the same as they ever were. But it could be that I'm in the minority.

• Author

Basically, the whole situation is strange. It could be a number of different reasons. Maybe I'm not her "type" because we've been best friends for awhile, and she just can't bring herself to think of me that way right now. It could be the whole ex boyfriend thing. It could be that I'm just not her type. The fact that she tells me she'd like to fall in love with me in the future just makes everything that she's doing now seem like some sort of act. But like I said, I'm not dwelling on it. Just figured since everyone else has love interest situations, I could share my own little issue.

Her saying "she'd like to fall in love with you in the future" sounds to me like you are a great guy and she wishes she could fall in love with you and settle down in the future. Maybe she wishes here ex were more like you even though she is sexually attracted to him. Just like xpaperxcut said, wait until college there will be lots of even prettier girls to chose from. Good luck.