What's your deal breaker?

azsinglegal

Recently for me, it was finding out a guy had a daughter in another state he never saw or took care of.

Coming from a single mom home, I know how important having a father in a little girl's life can sometimes make or break her view on relationships as an adult.

Since he was nonchalant about it, I decided to pass on him as well.

Judgmental? Maybe...but to me, it was a deal breaker. What are some of yours?

My number one dealbreaker would have to be... "attention whores." Sorry couldn't resist!

Seriously, some include impulsive sex, spending, substance or risk-taking habits; FWBs or exes still in the picture; more than two prior marriages; children by more than one prior man; prior felony record; untreated diagnosed personality disorders; being on SSRIs or anti anxiety meds or in therapy and not making serious steps to get off them and out of therapy.

Recently for me, it was finding out a guy had a daughter in another state he never saw or took care of.

Coming from a single mom home, I know how important having a father in a little girl's life can sometimes make or break her view on relationships as an adult.

Passing on him was the right thing to. He would probably do the same if you had kids with him and your relationship didn't work out.

My deal breaker is people who are judgemental

If you're *that* concerned about it, eat a cheeseburger. If not, you're just an attention whore.

Butterface.

Just saying... oh wait.

I have went on about hypotheticals but one time I actually walked out on a date over a deal breaker was a woman telling me she once falsely accused an ex of rape. I walked out and paid the check upfront with the hostess and never talked to her again.

I also walked out when I found a date was married.

Other dealbreakers are being a misandrist and having a history of treating men like crap.

My absolute deal breakers are someone who is divorced, who has children, no education past high school or drug use.

Then I have a bunch of others that aren't absolute but they will strongly sway against his favor. If he lived with someone previously, if he keep in active contact with exes, tons of female friends few close male friends...

I really DO NOT like guys with baggage. lol.

A woman who has had difficult marital and childhood issues and still drones on about them at 50+ years old.

Any woman whose cup is half empty, meaning she complains more than sharing her joys and optimisms, and especially when those complaints are about other people, and especially her family.

Need I go on? ;)

• Author
My deal breaker is people who are judgemental

Just saying... oh wait.

Good thing I'm not trolling for a man online. :laugh:

I wouldn't care if it's judgmental! Point is you know it wouldn't work for you and I agree. If a man doesn't take care of the children he has then you will surely find yourself in the same position! Lets you know right away what kind of man he is.

My deal breakers:

*Smokers.

*Dead beat dads.

*Men with children who don't respect the mother of their children.

*Men with children who talk to their children's mother about their personal life and seem to be close in every way. Getting along for the kids sake is fine, knowing the ins and outs of each others lives makes me suspicious.

*Men who have a record.

I will think of more lol

I don't have many dealbreakers when it comes to dating. If marriage or long term were to enter into the equation, there'd be quite a few...

-Shallowness and pettiness

-Too conservative (politically)

-Not enough motivation in life

-Religious views

-Apathy towards those less fortunate

-No appreciation of music

There's others that have to do mostly with the way she treats other people. Kids, ex-husbands, poverty level, and education I could deal with so long as she was working to better herself.

I could never deal with a narrow vapid woman though.

My absolute deal breakers are someone who is divorced, who has children.

My ex-wife left me, and you wouldn't date for me for that simple fact if you were attracted to me? I didn't want my divorce, and tried to save my marriage with counseling. Some people give up on being married. You don't like kids? Do you even want kids?

I have went on about hypotheticals but one time I actually walked out on a date over a deal breaker was a woman telling me she once falsely accused an ex of rape.

Oh hell no!:eek:

• Author
Thank god! :lmao:

Yeah, I know I can come across as pretty harsh sometimes.

Thankfully, I currently have a man who's as cynical and angry as I am so we make a good pair. :D

Yeah, I know I can come across as pretty harsh sometimes.

Thankfully, I currently have a man who's as cynical and angry as I am so we make a good pair. :D

That's really magical!!!! One of my fav comedians is Lewis Black. So I do enjoy the angry cynical attitude as humor!

My ex-wife left me, and you wouldn't date for me for that simple fact if you were attracted to me? I didn't want my divorce, and tried to save my marriage with counseling. Some people give up on being married. You don't like kids? Do you even want kids?

Believe me it is nothing personal. Even if I found you very attractive and a great guy it just wouldn't work. I'm still at the point in my life where having fun is my major focus. I'm also kind of a spur of the moment gal. Someone who has the major responsibilities of children would not be a good fit for that lifestyle. Do I like children? Generally, sure. Do I like every kid I've ever met? No. Would I be guaranteed to like yours? Nope. Plus, I take a slow "getting to know you" approach to dating. I don't jump in with two feet. I wouldn't want to get the lives of someone's children twisted up in something that may or may not work out.

As for the divorced thing, that carries a lot of baggage. Which is clear by the fact that you are even making a point about it. If a girl doesn't want to date you because of your romantic history, she clearly isn't a dateable girl for you. There's no reason to be upset about it.

Oh and I've recently added to my deal breaker list... someone that has had a threesome before.

It never used to be a problem to me but after having dated a couple of guy's who have and also turned out to be huge pigs it's become a major turn-off.

• Author
That's really magical!!!! One of my fav comedians is Lewis Black. So I do enjoy the angry cynical attitude as humor!

Yeah, I mostly crack myself up honestly. I think I'm a funny SOB. :laugh:

Oh and I've recently added to my deal breaker list... someone that has had a threesome before.

It never used to be a problem to me but after having dated a couple of guy's who have and also turned out to be huge pigs it's become a major turn-off.

Whoa...really? I used to put limitations like that, BUT as I got older I found I just don't ask those questions anymore. I never ask a question I don't want to know the answer to. Sexual history is one of them, minus the exception of STDs.

Believe me it is nothing personal. Even if I found you very attractive and a great guy it just wouldn't work. I'm still at the point in my life where having fun is my major focus. I'm also kind of a spur of the moment gal. Someone who has the major responsibilities of children would not be a good fit for that lifestyle. Do I like children? Generally, sure. Do I like every kid I've ever met? No. Would I be guaranteed to like yours? Nope. Plus, I take a slow "getting to know you" approach to dating. I don't jump in with two feet. I wouldn't want to get the lives of someone's children twisted up in something that may or may not work out.

As for the divorced thing, that carries a lot of baggage. Which is clear by the fact that you are even making a point about it. If a girl doesn't want to date you because of your romantic history, she clearly isn't a dateable girl for you. There's no reason to be upset about it.

How old are you?

You just ruled out 4/5 women I've dated. Most of them were bad bets, so maybe it's a good dealbreaker.

Whoa...really? I used to put limitations like that, BUT as I got older I found I just don't ask those questions anymore. I never ask a question I don't want to know the answer to. Sexual history is one of them, minus the exception of STDs.

I usually don't bring up sexual history outside of "Are you clean?" "When is the last time you were tested?". Not because it's something I don't want to know, I like all available information to me. But because it's none of my business. But I've found that most guys who have participated in a 3some just love to talk about it. I've never asked directly. It's just been shared.

How old are you?

• Author
I usually don't bring up sexual history outside of "Are you clean?" "When is the last time you were tested?". Not because it's something I don't want to know, I like all available information to me. But because it's none of my business. But I've found that most guys who have participated in a 3some just love to talk about it. I've never asked directly. It's just been shared.

I've never run across this. Most men I've been with who have had a threesome don't talk about it unless I bring it up, and even then after hearing, "yes I have" I say, "that's good" and they stop talking about it. LOL