stupid ex owes me tons of money

chelle21689

I am a complete idiot because I somehow overlooked my statements for a few months and didn’t realize these charges that haven’t been made by me. I realized that when me and my ex were together I let him use my card to buy a video game on XBOX Live.

Anyways, a few months ago as stupid as I am I recently noticed $10—$30 charges made monthly to my card. I called him and he said that it couldn’t have happened, but then he said it was true and he didn’t know it billed my card so he called the company to cancel.

I noticed again that it charged me again, and my ex said he’d take care of it. He then was open to communication with me about payments to me for what is owed…that was until he got a new girlfriend. She hated our communication even though it was business and he just blocked my calls, ignored my texts, and ignored me completely as if I never existed.

At first I was very hurt that us on good terms was gone…but then I got even angrier and I dont’ give a f*** about it anymore. He hasn’t been returning my messages about the money that is owed AND the card was charged again!

I can’t believe after 5 years of being there for him I was getting this treatment! What the heck?! I feel like a complete idiot betrayed. I’m changing my card first thing, but I don’t know what to do about him. I am beginning to grow a hatred for him because of this.

All because his gf is jealous he stops ALL communication and stops paying me? UGH!

At first he was okay with communicating very little about the financial issue but now he completely blocked me off.

I am a complete idiot because I somehow overlooked my statements for a few months and didn’t realize these charges that haven’t been made by me. I realized that when me and my ex were together I let him use my card to buy a video game on XBOX Live.

Anyways, a few months ago as stupid as I am I recently noticed $10—$30 charges made monthly to my card. I called him and he said that it couldn’t have happened, but then he said it was true and he didn’t know it billed my card so he called the company to cancel.

I noticed again that it charged me again, and my ex said he’d take care of it. He then was open to communication with me about payments to me for what is owed…that was until he got a new girlfriend. She hated our communication even though it was business and he just blocked my calls, ignored my texts, and ignored me completely as if I never existed.

At first I was very hurt that us on good terms was gone…but then I got even angrier and I dont’ give a f*** about it anymore. He hasn’t been returning my messages about the money that is owed AND the card was charged again!

I can’t believe after 5 years of being there for him I was getting this treatment! What the heck?! I feel like a complete idiot betrayed. I’m changing my card first thing, but I don’t know what to do about him. I am beginning to grow a hatred for him because of this.

All because his gf is jealous he stops ALL communication and stops paying me? UGH!

At first he was okay with communicating very little about the financial issue but now he completely blocked me off.

Unless you have a written agreement that he was to pay you back or proof that he stole from you, you're kind of screwed. You let him use the card and didnt thoroughly look at your charges. He's a ****ty person, but legally there's nothing you can do.

Unless you have a written agreement that he was to pay you back or proof that he stole from you, you're kind of screwed. You let him use the card and didnt thoroughly look at your charges. He's a ****ty person, but legally there's nothing you can do.

I have heard of text messages and emails holding up in court though.

• Author

Really? I have emails about us talking because of his gf not wanting us to talk.

I FINALLY heard from him tonight. He kept apologizing that it had to be that way and that his gf found out about me trying to call and the money situation and was furious. He just said to please not to take the money cuz he has not much for his apt. Then he said he'll work out some way but he can't talk to me about it when she's around.

So I see that he isn't trying to completely burn every single respect I have for him. There's a bit left...at least he isn't trying to NOT pay. He's just being cautious because of his gf.

Damn it.

I took the money from paypal his account..and then he said later "please don't i just realized I only have a little bit of money in my account!" and to cancel it and send it back. He said he'll have the money in about a week.

Should I cancel it or let his jealous controlling gf deal with his shiiiz...

I don't see how he is trying to pay - he has just been trying to guilt you into leaving him alone. If he owes you this money and you have been able to recover it then do so. Don't feel bad for him when he should not have done this to you in the first place.

If money is so short for him, he should not have a paypal account to spend on computer games.

• Author

How is he trying to guilt me into leaving him alone? I'm not saying he isn't but I'd like you to elaborate.

He told me that I created issues for him and his new gf. I told him it didn't have to be that way if he just set up something/schedule and let me know right away when they plan to be together for a long period of time like a week or so. He said that I have overdrafted his account by taking the money and to cancel it...

But he should have the money in by next week and he'll notify me in a short simple message. He said until then just keep taking the money until he figures something out. I don't know what that meant but if he says so OKAY I will. I have access to his pay pal account, he always trusted me over the years. I will not try to screw him over but I'm going to try to make it fair...even though I probably should play more rough.

Obviously this guy is a looser who's f**King broke! You always should cut these types of people off completely. Otherwise they will continue to leach off people like yourself. Your mistake was to continue to take to him after you guys broke up?

How is he trying to guilt me into leaving him alone? I'm not saying he isn't but I'd like you to elaborate.

To quote you:

He told me that I created issues for him and his new gf.

He just said to please not to take the money cuz he has not much for his apt

Then he said he'll work out some way but he can't talk to me about it when she's around.

..and then he said later "please don't i just realized I only have a little bit of money in my account!" and to cancel it and send it back.

He is trying to make life easy for himself and making you out to be the one who is in the wrong.

• Author

I took the $227. He said he only had $206 in his account which will make him over draft and cause him a fee. Honestly, he has always been broke and doesn't make much. He'll be left with nothing and says by next week he'll have a paycheck where he can pay back.

Should I be nice and cancel it for him or should I take what is owed?

And then next week there will be another excuse for why he can't pay you. You have the money - keep it and and leave him to sort out his own mess.

make me believe

Keep the money and cut contact with him! He sounds like an ass and this is a whoooole lot of drama for no real reason. It's not your fault if his account overdrafts and you don't owe it to him to transfer the money back to him. I mean who the hell charges things to an ex's card after they have broken up anyway?! What a total douche. (And btw, his new girlfriend has nothing to do with this other than being a convenient excuse for him to trot out as a way to avoid paying you what is rightfully yours.)

He has proven to be unreliable when he said he would take care of it but still allowed you to get charged twice more. I would take the money now and cut commuication. If you wan to be nice about it just take 206 and leave it at that.

OP, you can take anyone to small claims court for anything. Especially when you have a paper trail such as a credit card statement.

I do hope you called your credit card company & put a block on the card.

• Author

I don't think he's a bad person. I just think he's unreliable and isn't being logical. He can only compromise how convenient it is for him, just as it has always been over the years.

I think I'm going to keep it. If his account is over drafted, his gf can deal with that shiz.

OP sorry you have been taken advantage of in this way. You can actually take him to small claims or magistrate court on his verbal promise to pay, it becomes your word against his, but judges in those courts have leeway law courts don't have. If the total amount is small, it may not be worth your time and bother other than to inconvenience and scare him. For all you know, there may be a pattern of this that your small claims case might uncover, slim odds, but not totally improbable. Good luck getting past this.

Chalk it up as a loss. Now that he has a girlfriend that's it for you two communicting. He's a dick. He should pay you what he owes you. I made sure my ex gave me the money he owed me immediately. Right after we broke up I figured out what he owed me and he paid it. He was good about it because that's just the kind of guy he is. He pays what he owes. Some people are just dirt bags and don't pay their debts. It's convenient for your ex to use his girlfriend as an excuse to be a deadbeat and not pay you back. He sounds like a real winner. Be happy he's out of your life. And do change your card number. That way there will be no way it can be charged anymore. He could even have your number written down to use for future purchases. Don't risk it.

Let him borrow money from his new girlfriend. Let this be a lesson to both men and women. If you are going to give money to someone, make it a gift and forget about it. That way, if you are repaid, it will be a pleasant surprise.

You're probably overreacting for 200$. He is scummy, don't cancel the paypal transfer and don't waste any more time on this.

And be glad you got paid, in my experience a small debt from a shady person who is willing to avoid contact with you and with only a verbal agreement is worth 10 cents on the dollar.

Keep the money.

Call YOUR credit card company YOURSELF and make sure YOU aren't going to be charged anymore, and if you are switch the card number. This is YOUR responsibility, not his. Why haven't you done this.

Now you have no need ever to talk or text him again.

I'm not sure about XBOX live , but there are computer game subscriptions that cost 20 bucks that I forget about and it renovates on its own every month. Not saying this happened to the OP's exboyfriend, but I also get the feeling we're not getting the whole story.