Talking with my girl..

babyboy

OK this is the story.. I am a 16 year old guy.. I am pretty good looking.. and i am a really nice person..

I am been going out with this girl for about a month and a half.. Shes attracted to me and im attracted to her, i love everything about her.. but just the other day we sorta seperated because she felt that i was to shy, and quiet for her.. BUt she told me that she still likes me and is jsut thinkin thing through..now shy i really wasn't but the problem was i wasn't a talker..

this is the problem.. when i am with firends i am comfortable talking i have no problem sayin whats on my mind.. but when im with her i don;t know what to say.. I already know alot about her and shes knows alot about me.. but when we're alone we jsut sit there in silence.. like somethimes i through in a comment or two but its just ends up leading nowhere and the conversation ends..

i know that shes has told me that shes a loud person and likes doin crazy things.. and i am that kind of person to but when i am with girls and her specifically i jsut feeze up... like when im holding her and things like that i am totally comfortable but i still don;t know what to say..

but the main problem is when we're just together im jsut like a mute lol.. i dunno i need some help.. and i have seen some other cases where people have said to know what her interests are and her to know mine but we already know eachothers so if you could give me some other ideas that would be great.. Thanks

i see two options:

1- make a list of things to talk about ahead of time. once you know her hobbies (e.g. doll painting), you can ask about the last doll she has painted, ask to see it, yada yada. once you know about her family, you can ask for e.g. if her mom's been less pushy lately. those are just examples meant to show you that just knowing a person's profile doesn't mean there's nothing more to ask. quite the opposite - the more you zoom in, the more details there are to discuss!

2 - perhaps she's not the right girl for you. i mean if you guys don't have much to talk about, maybe try going out with someone else. do you think there're girls you'd have more in common with?...

good luck,

-yes

midlifecrisis

I think it is Yes's option 2. If you are naturally a person that talks easily with friends, and you are now past the point of the initial awkwardness of a shy-person, then it is likely that you two aren't a natural fit.