Is it bad to relate to someone too much?

Blackened

Ok, the guy I've been seeing and I have had a lot fo similar experiences in life.

And I guess I wasn't aware of it until I was with him last night. He said something... and I said "I feel the same way." And he said "I'm sorry I talk about myself too much." I said I don't mind him talking about himself. I told him I always feel like the selfish one because he tells me something that happened to him as a kid or something and I always say something like "really? I had something like that happen to me once."

And he told me I do do that a lot. Thing is I only have that problem with him... I don't usually have it with others because other people haven't had such similar experiences as Him and I.

So now I'm wondering if this is something bad that I'm doing and I'm not even aware of. I'm very introverted... so I don't have a lot fo experience even talking to people much. What do you guys think? Is this some taboo thing that I am doing? I want to know so I can stop.

WhiteChocolate

I don't think it's bad that you have a lot of similar experiences. And if it doesn't bother him, I don't see why it should bother you.

Personally, I have never met anyone who had similar experiences as me. It would be kind of nice if I ever did.

• Author
I don't think it's bad that you have a lot of similar experiences. And if it doesn't bother him, I don't see why it should bother you.

Personally, I have never met anyone who had similar experiences as me. It would be kind of nice if I ever did.

I got the feeling it did bug him though, the fact that so many things he tell me get a "me too" kind of response.

when someone can relate to me on a deeply personal level i typically take that as a good sign. curious where you get the idea that it's a negative thing. do you think that you say it too freely, as in automatically without really thinking first ? if not then i fail to see the problem.

• Author
when someone can relate to me on a deeply personal level i typically take that as a good sign. curious where you get the idea that it's a negative thing. do you think that you say it too freely, as in automatically without really thinking first ? if not then i fail to see the problem.

It was his reaction that made me think it might be a bad thing. I don't think I say it too freely though.