Never date single moms

Top10point5

A lot of people say you shouldn't date single moms and even single dads, do any of you feel like you could never date someone with kids? if so why?

I was reading an article and it was talking about how some single moms have drama, baggage, and can be immature.

heres the article:

http://www.top10point5.com/2011/09/top-105-reasons-to-never-date-single.html

Whoever wrote this needs to take a basic writing skills class. There are lots of grammar and punctuation errors.

Also, a logic class would be in order. To say that it might be a bad idea to date a single mom because they might have a bad body doesn't make sense, because obviously a guy who is thinking about dating a single mom (who this article is aimed for) is already attracted to her physical appearance.

As a man in my early 40s with no children, I'm open to dating a woman with children. My friends and I have a theory that they're more nurturing than women without children. They know what's important and they're not distracted by trivial pursuits. Oh, and everyone has baggage!

No offense, but you and your friends have no idea what you're talking about (and are likely a bunch of 40 year virgins). Contrary to what some women would have you believe, most single moms did not leave their husbands because they were abusive, cheaters, etc. Most single moms leave the relationship because they don't feel satisfied and want something better. They do so even though they know that getting divorced would have a negative impact for the children. But these women put themselves first. So In other words, single moms are generally a self-centered, narcissistic lot.

Hmmm....

There are so many false assumptions in this paragraph that I'm just not gonna even bother.

fortyninethousand322
No offense, but you and your friends have no idea what you're talking about (and are likely a bunch of 40 year virgins). Contrary to what some women would have you believe, most single moms did not leave their husbands because they were abusive, cheaters, etc. Most single moms leave the relationship because they don't feel satisfied and want something better. They do so even though they know that getting divorced would have a negative impact for the children. But these women put themselves first. So In other words, single moms are generally a self-centered, narcissistic lot.

I don't know, I think I have to disagree. My parents fought constantly (still fight) when I was growing up, yet stayed married (soldiered on). Given the choice between that, and having them divorce (and be happier) I think the best choice would have been for them to divorce. Living in a two parent household ain't always a great thing. So, I tend to cut people some slack (single mom or not).

Feelsgoodman, This happened to me, and maybe I'm a bit myopic, but I see this a LOT! thanks for having the courage to say it.

Beyond a certain age, I think that you'd have a very small to non-existent dating pool if you expect your target group (assuming you date people around your own age) to have no baggage, no kids, have not been married or experienced at least one LTR.

If you're okay with that, then that's fine. If you're not, you're going to have to adapt.

fortyninethousand322
I have a better idea. Most women in their mid 20's are usually without kids and they don't have baggage nor has the majority of them been married before. A woman in her mid-20's is quite at the reach of any average man in his mid 30's to 40's; if he takes good care of himself.

Why buy the old chicken when there's chicks?

OR, you could just leave those women in their 20s to the guys who are in their 20s. Crazy idea I know...

I feel in love with a single mother and she betrayed me. Purposefully tore my heart out and left, I miss her son as much if not more than her. I will not date a single mother if I don't have to.

This comment fits her to a "T" not saying it is every single mother by my ex for sure.

ThsAmericanLife
Beyond a certain age, I think that you'd have a very small to non-existent dating pool if you expect your target group (assuming you date people around your own age) to have no baggage, no kids, have not been married or experienced at least one LTR.

If you're okay with that, then that's fine. If you're not, you're going to have to adapt.

I agree. Most people don't go into marriage or child bearing feeling/knowing that the other person is going to be an a-hole (or their version of one).

Personally? I prefer men who can demonstrate some ability to care for a living thing other than themselves....

ThsAmericanLife
I have a better idea. Most women in their mid 20's are usually without kids and they don't have baggage nor has the majority of them been married before. A woman in her mid-20's is quite at the reach of any average man in his mid 30's to 40's; if he takes good care of himself.

what is so sad about most of your posts Ely...

Is that I bet you don't even have the love of a good dog or cat to keep you company in between 'clicks' on the internet.

Again, I am not a 15 year old girl nor am I a feminized male raised to be a woman's pup. I am a man's man. I was born to do a lot of fcking, a lot of drinking, a lot of fighting and a lot of bull fighting. Think of Hemingway minus the old age and the Nobel Prize.

This is cracking me up. :lmao: Oh, geez. Good one.

AHardDaysNight

There's nothing wrong with dating a single mom. That is, if you want children.

If you don't want children, it's better to leave her alone.

My ex-husband left myself and our child after I discovered he was having an affair with a married 21 year old workmate. It was truly devastating.

They didn't last but I divorced my husband and we are on good terms - for our child and because we like each other!

Dating has been quite intimidating. I expected to find it really difficult - especially with a child. I have had no problem dating great men who don't care that I have a child.

I am currently seeing a 28 year old. In the beginning I told him that he should find someone younger who doesn't have children. But he is determined for us to be together. At times I feel guilty that he sacrifices some things for me. But I treat him very well and we seem to match up well.

Who knows what the future holds....but I guess I just wanted to say that the majority of single mothers probably never expected to be in this situation. Men are also capable of getting bored and leaving their wives/families.

Some guys don't have the energy or patience to teach. And some women don't want a guy who reminds her of her father or her grandfather.

Feelsgoodman, This happened to me, and maybe I'm a bit myopic, but I see this a LOT! thanks for having the courage to say it.

YO! All I can say is I hope to hell my ex-wife learned her lesson & doesn't do the same to the guy she monkey-branched to.

(same thing happened to two of my friends.)

I don't need the drama when he boots her ass & my kids don't need to be uprooted again. She's only moved like 3 times in the last 2 yrs.

Now I personally don't mind single mom's their busy like me which means their not trying to take up all my free time.

But If they arn't getting child support from their baby-daddy and don't make as much money as me I do not see it getting serious.

Sorry, I barely got enough money to have fun with after paying for my own kids. Not going to support another woman's.

Other than that I prefer women with little ones that are close to my kids' ages.

Problem is most of those kids are BAD BAD BAD BAD. zero discipline.

Some guys don't have the energy or patience to teach. And some women don't want a guy who reminds her of her father or her grandfather.

well, I met at least 3 (possibly 4, I didn't actually ask her age) that I can assure you, if I reminded them of their father, that is an AWFULLY CLOSE FAMILY.:sick:

A lot of people say you shouldn't date single moms and even single dads, do any of you feel like you could never date someone with kids? if so why?

I was reading an article and it was talking about how some single moms have drama, baggage, and can be immature.

heres the article:

http://www.top10point5.com/2011/09/top-105-reasons-to-never-date-single.html

For me the memories of my un-fun childhood are too painful. When I see some kid's mother being illogical and not letting the tyke have a bit of fun, I remember what it was like to be that kid. :(

For godsakes, lady... LET the little bugger shoot birds with a BB gun and set the shrubs on fire!!!

AHardDaysNight

Single moms are just like every other woman. If they had drama before they had children, they will have drama afterwards and now.

Judge by someone's heart, not by someone's status.

My ex-husband left myself and our child after I discovered he was having an affair with a married 21 year old workmate. It was truly devastating.

They didn't last but I divorced my husband and we are on good terms - for our child and because we like each other!

Dating has been quite intimidating. I expected to find it really difficult - especially with a child. I have had no problem dating great men who don't care that I have a child.

I am currently seeing a 28 year old. In the beginning I told him that he should find someone younger who doesn't have children. But he is determined for us to be together. At times I feel guilty that he sacrifices some things for me. But I treat him very well and we seem to match up well.

Who knows what the future holds....but I guess I just wanted to say that the majority of single mothers probably never expected to be in this situation. Men are also capable of getting bored and leaving their wives/families.

Thanks for sharing! You are ana amazing strong woman. I was raised by a single mother in the same situation. My father was cheating on her with multiple women. So, my mom packed up and divorced him, despite his pleas that this is what most men do, even though he really loved her, the other women meant nothing.

My father stopped asking for bi-weekly weekend visitation after he got involved with a woman who was jealous of my mom (my mom was absolutely beautiful and successful (college degree, school teacher) - she - not so much), and she didn't want her boyfriend's kids hanging around.

My father did us a big favor! my mother was an amazing mother with so much love and devotion toward her kids, that we had a better life without a father in our lives. We had as much or more love than any children with two parents. My mother did date, too. She was a catch! Unfortunately, she passed away when I was 26.

I am so glad that you found a wonderfuul man who accepts you and sees your beautiful qualities, because he got a catch!

• Author

Presumption of paternity a lot of men should look it up before dating single moms. presumption of paternity is when your apart of a kids life and the kids biological father isn't you can still end up paying child support in some states because the kid views you as a father figure, only in some states

AHardDaysNight
Thanks bro; someone gotta keep the fiery old spirit of real men alive, and it ain't these pansy little virgins and wannabe poets or relationship advisors that are going to do it.

Stung is a woman...

Still a dude. Human being with pants? dude.

Uh, you didn't call her "dude"; you called her "bro". That's a lot of backpedaling to make that one work.

And the main point you missed was that she was mocking you, not agreeing with you; that one kinda slipped right by ya...

Again, I am not a 15 year old girl nor am I a feminized male raised to be a woman's pup. I am a man's man. I was born to do a lot of fcking, a lot of drinking, a lot of fighting and a lot of bull fighting. Think of Hemingway minus the old age and the Nobel Prize.

Oh, and funny that you mention a dog's love. I've said before, on another thread, that true love and friendship can only come from dogs. Shame you'll never meet my dog and you know how dogs can internally sense who is a decent bloke.

Now that you mention it, you got me thinking about the everlasting bond men and dogs share since the first day ''our'' ancestors took the wolves in, and domesticated them. Dogs deserve the love of men...

Man, I just can't help the image - you talk about how you were born to do a lot of fcking, then spend the next two paragraphs on deep, beautiful, man/dog love. Just how close are you and your dog again?