Awkward situation

lance.dark

I'm kind of in a strange place with one of my "friends". In college fyi. Last year, when we weren't particularly good friends, she found out I was attracted to her and she said it couldn't happen. In the spring she told me that someone else had made a move the night before so even though she was interested, I was beaten to the punch. I just let it go.

Anyways, we're back at school and I guess "good friends" although in the past we didn't go out of our way to hang out with each other. In the first week she asked if she could come over to my room to talk, a few days later sent me a text late at night saying "it's not home without you next door", then asked if she could come by and play with a toy helicopter? That weekend she texted me at midnight asking me to calm her down because she was worked up over some stuff on her team. We talked for two hours. At some point it came up that she was upset about some guy she'd broken up with two years ago? I don't know if that was before or after I told her I had come from being with some other girl...

All this stuff makes me think that she's interested, although normally someone wouldn't offload problems onto a person they wanted to date. At any rate it's making me uncomfortable, for better or worse. I'm in an "open" relationship with someone who is abroad for the semester but I kind of still am attracted to this "friend". So I would like it to either stop or develop into something more. This in between bull**** has got to stop.

She is super naive so she might just not understand that these things are coming off in this manner (since she hasn't acted this way before). I guess I should just ask her out since I don't particularly care about having her as a friend. The issue is the group of friends we have and the fallout.

Any insight into her behaviour is welcome...